+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Strangely, I'm NOT attracted to/I dislike...

Reese Witherspoon can't understand why she is so popular.

Selma Blair - ick

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2190847;
    I just thought of another one: Barbara Streisand. I just can't stand that woman.
    Say it ain't so dagwood....I love me some Barbara!!!!

I don't like Beavis and Butthead nor do I like the Simpsons...do they count???? Don't find them funny at all...

Never have liked Buck Owens or James Brown (God rest their souls! )
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2190905;
    Reese Witherspoon can't understand why she is so popular.
    I forgot about her--I don't understand it either.
    Oh and Jack Nicholson is just repulsive to me; never liked his movies, and sure don't get how anyone could find him sexy, even years ago.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I agree that Jack Nickolson is repulsive and not sexy in the least. As an actor, I liked him in some movies, like "The Departed". He was really great in that. It's become a time honored tradition to worship him in Hollywood and I think at least 80% of the adulation directed his way is fake. I think there's just nobody under the age of 60 there who'd dare say they don't care for him for fear of never working again in that town or being labeled as the only people who can't see the emperor's new clothes.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Just have to drag this thread out again!
    I find Justin Timberlake downright ugly. I just don't understand the hoo ha over him.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    THis has been a really entertaining thread and I think its kind of freeing to say: I don't like_______________
    Because sometimes you just don't like them and everyone else does and you think "why?". At least I know I'm not alone in some of my dislikes.

This one's going to earn me some real boos, I'm afraid, but I'm going to say it anyway. I hope my mom doesn't come back to haunt me and my husband doesn't read it. But I never got John Wayne. I mean, he wasn't that great of an actor. Every role was pretty much the same. I did like a couple of his movies because of the storyline, but him? Nah, not so much. I know I've just attacked an institution, but am not a big Western fan either so that may have something to do with it. (running to duck now as I know what's coming! )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2191976;
    Just have to drag this thread out again!
    I find Justin Timberlake downright ugly. I just don't understand the hoo ha over him.
    I agree. He looks like this scrawny kid who's growing a beard to look younger and tougher. It's not working! Plus, I'm not convinced he can actually sing. All his stuff is so completely overproduced you can barely hear his voice. If it turned out he's the second coming of Milli Vanilli I wouldn't be surprised.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    OK, I really am a middle aged woman and not a tween, but I like Justin Timberlake! I thought he looked like a brillo pad when he was in 'N Sync, but I think he matured quite nicely. He's sort of grown into his nose. Also, I really liked his two appearances on "Saturday Night Live"--those were two of that show's funniest recent episodes.

John Wayne--he never did it for me either. I don't like the way he looked and his acting was meh for me. He doesn't bother me in the way that someone like John Cusack does, though.

Claire Danes. Not.

+ Reply to Thread