+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Strangely, I'm NOT attracted to/I dislike...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2190517;
    I find that a person's politics many times influences my attraction to them or how much I am willing to tolerate their projects. So I wouldn't spend a dime at this point in time to watch a Tom Cruise movie or a Mel Gibson movie.
    Politics don't bother me. We all have a right to be whatever and I respect the fact that people have different politics than I do. What gets me about Cruise and Gibson is their smugness over their beliefs and their total arrogance in that what they believe is right and the rest of us wrong. Now that bothers me. And with them its mostly religion, not politics that they spout off about. Again, what religion you are doesn't bother me, unless you are smug about it and do not think anyone else has the right to have a differing opinion or differing religion.

And that is why I won't watch their movies anymore. Just sick to death of them, especially Cruise as he was so much in the news and so much of it was so whacko and I really don't like the racist thing with Gibson.

I have tried very hard to be a tolerant person both in race, religion and politics. I have my own views, and I am willing to listen to opposing views as an open mind learns more than a closed one. But both of these idiots have extremely narrow minds and use their status to try to force their views on others and that really gets me. I would never force my view on anyone. I might enjoy a civilized debate with someone who has a different view, but I wouldn't try to shove it down their throats. And if you believe differently than me, then so be it. It's a free country and we're allowed (at least I think we are, have to look at that Patriot Act again) to express those views. But I just want my views respected and I will respect yours. But some celebrities don't do that at all. Several come to mind here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Watched Superman on tv last night and had to come in here to add someone I left off: Margot Kidder. I've never liked her as Lois Lane and she really ruined the movies for me. Something about her is creepy. A few years ago she had a part in a series I really got into (and was subsequently cancelled as many of my favorites are, but now I'm just ranting...) and she played a cannibalistic witch and she really looked the part

And it appears since I'm the only Nicholas Cage fan, I'll gladly take him off ya'lls hands! And Steve Buscemi? Yes, he is odd looking but I love him too! Another odd looking guy but I am fascinated by is John Malkovich. I can't add him to the "not attracted to" list because there is just something about him. He's in my "strangely attracted to" column.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 12-30-2006 at 10:38 AM.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2190542;
    Watched Superman on tv last night and had to come in here to add someone I left off: Margot Kidder. I've never liked her as Lois Lane and she really ruined the movies for me. Something about her is creepy. A few years ago she had a part in a series I really got into (and was subsequently cancelled as many of my favorites are, but now I'm just ranting...) and she played a cannibalistic witch and she really looked the part

And it appears since I'm the only Nicholas Cage fan, I'll gladly take him off ya'lls hands! And Steve Buscemi? Yes, he is odd looking but I love him too! Another odd looking guy but I am fascinated by is John Malkovich. I can't add him to the "not attracted to" list because there is just something about him. He's in my "strangely attracted to" column.

I felt the same way about Kidder and that actress that played Olive Oyl i the Popeye movie with Robin Williams. What's her name? She has a really annoying voice.

(I like John Malkovitch too in a very strange way as well. Hmmm)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh! you know who scares the bejezus out of me! That Actor who played the Father on Family Ties: Micheal Gross :shudder

What an approprate name
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2189942;
    Geek, include me as not a fan of the Lord of the Rings. I also hated Pulp Fiction when EVERYONE was telling us how great it was. I did not get it at all.
    I'm with you on this one. I also have no inclination to see any Harry Potter. The more someone gushes about an actor or movie the less I want to see them. I am a very stubborn person that won't be told what to do. All it took was one person telling me "you have to read Harry Potter" and I can honestly say I will never read or watch the movies.

I love Steve Buscemi, though. He was great in Armageddon. A movie that I really enjoyed because they killed Bruce Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2190450;
    Nick Cage, not so hot either, but did love him way way back in "Raising Arizona" That was some funny stuff!
    Great movie, loved Nick Cage in it, too.

MRD Shelly Duvall played Olive Oyl.
    Last edited by dagwood; 12-30-2006 at 11:42 AM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2190542;
    Margot Kidder. I've never liked her as Lois Lane
    And why would you? She looks nothing like me!

Mel Gibson always looked older than he was, even when he was young and hot (like in that first MAD MAX movie). It's funny 'cause most actors seem to look younger than the average person their age. But he looked 35 when he was 25...and yes, he looks WAY, WAY older than 50 now!

Holy cow I have read this whole list and I am shocked that no one has mentioned
    Scarlett Johannsen!!
    That face!
    That voice!
    *shudder*
    Anyone who saw Scoop knows what I'm talking about. The only thing she has going for her is her enormous bust - it looks really out of place on such a skinny body.
    I can't watch movies with her in it.
    Woody Allen gives me the creeps too.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2190536;
    Politics don't bother me. We all have a right to be whatever and I respect the fact that people have different politics than I do. What gets me about Cruise and Gibson is their smugness over their beliefs and their total arrogance in that what they believe is right and the rest of us wrong. Now that bothers me. And with them its mostly religion, not politics that they spout off about. Again, what religion you are doesn't bother me, unless you are smug about it and do not think anyone else has the right to have a differing opinion or differing religion.

And that is why I won't watch their movies anymore. Just sick to death of them, especially Cruise as he was so much in the news and so much of it was so whacko and I really don't like the racist thing with Gibson.

I have tried very hard to be a tolerant person both in race, religion and politics. I have my own views, and I am willing to listen to opposing views as an open mind learns more than a closed one. But both of these idiots have extremely narrow minds and use their status to try to force their views on others and that really gets me. I would never force my view on anyone. I might enjoy a civilized debate with someone who has a different view, but I wouldn't try to shove it down their throats. And if you believe differently than me, then so be it. It's a free country and we're allowed (at least I think we are, have to look at that Patriot Act again) to express those views. But I just want my views respected and I will respect yours. But some celebrities don't do that at all. Several come to mind here.
    True, Cruise and Gibson annoy me because they're obnoxious and in Gibson's case antisemitic and bigoted too. So, in their case it's not politics that makes me not like them. But others, while good actors or singers, I can't stand because I know what they are in their private lives and specifically what their brand of politics says about them. For example Charlton Heston and Tom Selleck. I don't think I need to explain those two.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2190605;
    Holy cow I have read this whole list and I am shocked that no one has mentioned
    Scarlett Johannsen!!
    That face!
    That voice!
    *shudder*
    Anyone who saw Scoop knows what I'm talking about. The only thing she has going for her is her enormous bust - it looks really out of place on such a skinny body.
    I can't watch movies with her in it.
    Woody Allen gives me the creeps too.
    OMG...I think Scarlett is absolutely stunning!!!
    I'd have to agree with you on Woody Allen tho!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2190637;
    OMG...I think Scarlett is absolutely stunning!!!
    I'd have to agree with you on Woody Allen tho!
    I agree on both cases. I really loved Scarlett in "Lost in Translation." She has that old-school glamour that I have never been able to duplicate! Woody Allen screams "dirty old man" to me. Even before he married Soon-Yi Previn, he creeped me out and I never loved his acting. (OK, speaking of those two--they really bother me--I think he definitely should've known better...and what daughter marries her mother's boyfriend/defacto husband?!).

+ Reply to Thread