+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I thought it was weird...

Well, I thought it was weird...

I had a weird thing happen the other day, that most people I mention it to don't think is that odd... I wondered if A) someone here would agree with me and B) if others had had things happen that they thought were weird but others didn't...

My weird happening:

I went to the car wash and only had a five dollar bill. So I go ahead and put it in the "quarter machine" to get my 20 quarters. I have a habit of checking the dates on coins I get back... not sure why.... Anyhoo, out of 20 quarters FOUR of them were 1967, the year I was born. Isn't that weird??? Really, what are the odds of that?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Wow, that's, um, okay...I guess I've never paid attention.

Maybe the date-checking thing should go in the Obsessive-compulsive thread

Yeah... that's the reaction I've been getting

ya know... there's a nickel out there somewhere worth a million bucks. 1913 I think... only 4 ever made.

FORT Fogey
    Maybe a roll of quarters was put in the machine and they had them rolled by date? I do think it is strange though!

I would think it more strange if it came from say getting change back after buying something. Coming from a change machine I just wonder if it wasn't rolled quarters.. ???

That really is strange, Cali. The only quarters you'll find rolled by date are new releases.

I always look to see if my coins are real silver. Haven't got one like that in a long time. Oh, and I also check to make sure I already have all the state quarters in my collections. That's right. I plan to pull $12.50 out of circulation over the next several years. What a rebel!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie!

When I worked at the record (that's what music used to be on you young whipper-snappers) store, some kid came in and bought a few albums (the new Sade was one of them) and he paid with a roll of silver half dollars. I went and got cash from my purse and traded.
    Then I felt bad because I figured that kid had taken mom or dads half dollars to buy a couple albums... I shouldn’t have let him spend it…oh well.

Originally posted by Paulie
    Oh, and I also check to make sure I already have all the state quarters in my collections. That's right. I plan to pull $12.50 out of circulation over the next several years. What a rebel!
    I don't spend state quarters... period. I always save them, and I make my hubby save them. It drives him nuts (probably because we would have about 250 dollars more if I let him spend them). I just can't do it... I don't know if they will be worth anything in my lifetime or even in my kids lifetime... but I would really love to pass them down to my grandkids. Besides, I like collecting... I just take this one to an extreme!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Originally posted by Paulie
    That really is strange, Cali. The only quarters you'll find rolled by date are new releases.

I beg to differ, dear Paulie.

I used to work in a bank and there were many people who would buy bundles of coins, sort through them, then re-roll them. There were a few quirky ones that would sort them into year before re-rolling them.. so an entire roll had the chance of being a year or two or three.
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

Oh, really? Now I did not know that. Guess I didn't account for the quirky folks. My mistake.

Carry on.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I once received a dollar on which someone wrote a few provocative words.

On the tails side: "You are very sexy and I want you. Please! =) But from what I know, your a very searious woman" (sic 2x)

On the heads side: "And very beautiful. Let's start anew. I want you/ you want me."

I assure you, this message was not directed at me. But, because of its amorous qualities and because someone should've, I kept the dollar. It saddened me that the poetic dollar-writing dude didn't get his girl. Or, perhaps she was not the sentimental type and spent it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast