+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taboo topics

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Taboo topics

So we all know that 2 taboo topics at dinner parties and family reunions are:
    1. politics
    2. religion

What are others that come to mind?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Well for me, hunting and the death penalty.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Finances ie. mutual funds, stocks- yes we all know you lost tons
    Having children- I'm with y'all who are kid free- valid choice and no one else's business :fyou
    Raising children - I'm doing fine THANKS
    Health- If you don't mind, I'll listen to what the person with the diploma on the wall says, and not what happened to your cousin-sister-brotherinlaw-bestfriends aunt :stupid

Can you tell I just came through thanksgiving?
    ripper had a marvelous time

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Having children- I'm with y'all who are kid free- valid choice and no one else's business
    Good one Eny! In addition, you run the risk of really embarrassing yourself if the person is incapable of having children.

Fortunately for my uncle I had a little more tact than he last year at Christmas as I could have really made him feel like sh--!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    ::::Eny sending out magic twin vibes to Bravo::::

My brothers wife has a family genetic problem, and they decided to not have kids, because its horrendous what they would have to go through.( Get preg, wait four months , have the cord sampling ,then have to decide to abort or no if the news wasn't good )I sat and listened to my not so sainted mother bitch at them for years. When I finally had some kids she went at him viciously. I told (yelled at) her to :fyou and leave him alone. She didn't speak to me for a couple of months but soooo worth it. Family fun at its best !!!!

Smoking. Leave me the hell alone. Also, children. Also, anything. Just dont talk to me.

Family in general is not my cup of tea, if you know anything about me you know why. So I dread any get together and always bring lots of wine.

For me, it's marriage and children. I hate the question "Why aren't you married yet?" and "Do you plan to have any children?"
    :rolleyes I don't mind answering those questions, but when I'm asked at every get together, it really bothers me.

Funny I seemed to get asked "So are there any problems in your marriage? Getting divorced soon?" all the time.

Yeah, the "you've been married 10 years, and don't have any children?" part bugs me. I mean hello, we're perfectly aware it's been 10 years, and to this point we've chosen not to have them. Big woop.

People seem to think that the only reason we're here is to multiply. Get over it.

People really don't ever leave that topic alone though. We've been together almost 18 years, married for 15, have 3 kids. The youngest is 11 and still people ask "Are you having any more?" When I say No, some people actually ask "who's fixed?" or "how can you be sure?" My god people!

***Just to note, this doesn't happen with family (anymore)****
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast