+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taboo topics

Yea, and that is what ...on page 6 Of Paulies book titled "How To Endear Yourself To the Iin-laws?
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Tell you what, though, Perc. They don't give me grief anymore.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I honestly believe that Paulie!
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Princess
    - this is such a funny thread!!
    Hey, you're tall. You must play basketball, huh?" Yes, I do. But if you're short I don't ask if you're a jockey. If you're fat I don't ask if you're a sumo wrestler. If you're out of shape and holding a beer, I don't ask if you're a bowler
    Thus began the moratorium on political discussions with that couple.
    - Wayner, you are on a roll today!

Friends, don't talk about computers around the dinner table. Please.
    I couldn't agree more! I have a degree in CS..., but pls don't ask me anything about computers!!!

(Edited: SW eng, not really)

JR.
    wow Jodaar, I'd have milked that like there was no tomorrow, especially since he was being a dick about it. I would've ordered the most expensive thing every single time, even if I didn't like it.

Can I also say I don't think any friend/family member should ever, ever, ever offer unsolicited opinions on the person you're dating?

I have this friend, who is a great friend, but she proceeds to pick apart every boyfriend I've ever had despite the fact that she's had one conversation with him. If I ask you advise, all bets are off.. but I really don't think it's anyone's place to tell me that my newest crush has a pointy head and looks like a serial killer.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

my newest crush has a pointy head and looks like a serial killer
    I never noticed that about Heath, but you're right, Miss F.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Hardee, har, har.

This guy I was dating about a month ago was sweet and I thought he was a bit of a babe, but my friend wouldln't shut up about how he looked like a serial killer.

You say it enough and you start seeing it.

Apart from that she's really awful about telling everyone what SHE would do. :rolleyes

And any family member that is at least 15 years older than you should not be allowed to discuss sex. It's just all kinds of wrong.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Theoretically, though, they should have more experience, which makes everyone an authority.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    And any family member that is at least 15 years older than you should not be allowed to discuss sex. It's just all kinds of wrong.

That is SO true, Miss F! When I'd been married only about six months, we were visiting my in-laws in Dallas. My mother-in-law took us to lunch one day and proceeded to have a relationship discussion in which she said "Wayner, you and Mrs. Wayner are so lucky to have a relationship based on love and mutual respect. When my husband and I first got married, it was just about hot sex."

That is what we refer to in my family as TMI - too much information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast