+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The weirdest Gift

The weirdest Gift

What's the weirdest gift you ever received and didn't have the heart to tell the "GIVER' so.:

My son gave me an early Fathers Day present: a worm cut into pieces w/ a rock and an action figure w/ no head. He says the worm ate the head after the figure cut it up Weird and it's still on my desk in my office
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

We got a mortar and pestle for our wedding. It was a very confusing gift since we're not drug dealers or pharmacists. But my wife has actually used it on occasion, mostly for producing graham cracker crusts and so forth. We really thought it was weird when we got it, though.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    Paulie they are cool to crush up herbs for cooking too like garlic or basil, etc..

There is this woman from our church that apparently went to wal-mart or somewhere and bought out those plug in dial clocks very vanilla from like the 60's. Anyway all brides to be get one from her at their shower. They aren't weird but I have noticed that every one puts them in their guest room.. We them the sister Green clocks..

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    When I was about 15, for Christmas a friend of my parents gave me a) a real turtle that had been stuffed and b) a black fake leather vest with black fake leather fringe. Uh, thanks?

This wasn't given to me, but in my Junior year of college I was doing a xmas gift exchange with my two roommates and all of our boyfriends and one of their boyfriends gave some strange gifts. He gave a scratched blank cd as one of his gifts, and he also gave someone a stuffed animal that looked like it had been run over with a car. These were not gag gifts. That was the scary part!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

This thread is hilarious... unfortunately (umm) I've never been given a gift that odd. Well, none that I can think of off the top of my head at least. Funny gifts, though!!
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

When I was a little kid, I really wanted a cat. Unfortunately, my stepsister already had a dog, so by some twisted logic, the cat wasn't gonna happen. To make up for this, my father's entire side of the family all decided that I *obviously* should get all Garfield gifts, all the time. I kid you not, one Xmas I got an ENTIRE Garfield suite of crap. We're talking slippers, books, clothing, fake tattoos, the whole nine. I kept expecting to open the next gift to find a Garfield effigy, to be burned at my leisure. The worst part of all of this is that in the minds of my relatives, I never aged past 8. I was 23, and STILL getting this kind of gift. I don't even LIKE orange cats, and Garfield has NEVER been funny. How far can you stretch a "hey, he'll do anything for lasagna!" joke? Let me answer for you - not very.

I am cracking up reading this!

This is not a joke:
    One year when I was little, my Dad who I haven't seen for about 9 years, (long story) gave me a three pack of Planters peanuts and assorted nuts for Christmas. Along with that, like that wasn't enough, his wife gave me a pair of purple crocheted boots. Feet warmers, I guess you could say. I wasn't the only one who got weird gifts. My Aunt received a six pack of Ramen.: That is a Christmas that stands out.

25 years, apparently. That pathetic comic strip is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.

And, ajg, that story is so hilariously sad! Poor you. I'll get you a Garfield oven mitt to make up for it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by glennajo

One year when I was little, my Dad who I haven't seen for about 9 years, (long story) gave me a three pack of Planters peanuts and assorted nuts for Christmas. ... My Aunt received a six pack of Ramen.
    Oh god. That's so classic. What do you even say to that? "Hey thanks. Now I'll be able to start early on my plan to incorporate more legumes into my diet."?

And Paulie, you're too kind Do that, and I'll be burning YOU in effigy
    I had no idea Garfield was still around. I'm glad I haven't accidentally caught one of the strips lately. I don't know how much therapy my HMO will cover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast