+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The weirdest Gift

Wheel covers.....for my very first MOTHER'S DAY!! At least they were the "deluxe" wheel covers. They were a gift from my husband (now EX-husband!). He ended up taking them back and getting me what I had really wanted all along....a brand spanking new NINTENDO!!!!

OMG I am dying laughing blindart! Thanks so much!

The weirdest thing I have gotten so far is from my grandmother. Every year she gives everyone the identical gift box. The women all get a crocheted dish cloth (I love these I ask for them for my bday too) a teatowel, a fingertip towel and other small assorted items as well as a cheque. Well.. last year we got to affore mention cheque with a box of 1000 toothpicks all wrapped up. I had to leave the room or I would have looked like an ungrateful grandchild.. laughing at gran's gift.
    This grandmother of mine (and my grandfather too, are a little strange) bought my new husband (this was years ago) a very patterned acrylic sweater. In a size Medium. My husband is 6ft tall and 230lbs and he has a 52inch barrel chest.. Med wont fit! I said uhh gran? this will never fit "well", she says, "I just feel so bad taking an XL to the cash, its just so big" LOL but it makes her feel ok to have to take it back every year.. Incidentally.. she still buys him mediums LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    ummm... the wierdest gift i got, was from a guy friend of mine, how do i phrase this properly, it was in the shape of a 'banana' and it 'vibrated', it was the size of my arm! Anyway i didn't use it, of course, and i gave it back to my freind. and he gave it to me in front of everybody! i was soooo embarrased. i was beat red.
    Well, I feel your pain. It happened to me too. And I was at a restaurant...
    WTH are our so-called friends thinking???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar

Well, I feel your pain. It happened to me too. And I was at a restaurant...
    WTH are our so-called friends thinking???!!!
    well in that "Particular' case, its pretty clear
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Fogey

Oh, I have wacky family members. Guess what my birthday present was from them? First of all, it was like 1 month late and was wrapped in Christmas paper, and it was a giant case of Life Savers. You could probably get them at like Wal-Mart for $5 if it wasn't on sale. At least I thought they tasted good.

I'm trying to think of the other weird things I've gotten from them and I'm drawing a blank now.

My Aunt who was in Germany at the time sent me an evil clown made of glass. I'm sure it was expensive but it had these nasty eyes that followed you around the room. So I put it in a sock and hid it in the attic (I was 14). My mother recently found it and has been displaying it and it still looks evil.

This was the same Aunt who when I was 9 sent my sisters and I beer steins by mistake. So at age 9 I had my own personal beer stein that I drank pop out of.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Hm.. I don't think I'v ever gotten a weird gift before. Is that weird or what?

-Rach

Let me see......

I once got a box of pick-up sticks. That's probably the weirdest thing I ever got, if you don't count the mini-fountain I got several years ago.

I had a friend who didn't have very much money before, but I he still wanted to get me a present. He had a big bag of rockets left over from Halloween, so he taped them all together in the shape of a rocket. It was pretty creative, actually, I liked it.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Does Spiderman underoos count ?,I mean I just got them last week and all....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast