+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The weirdest Gift

Blindart, that was so funny! I wonder if you still talk to this relative?

Wow, Siso. That's just... embarressing
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Originally posted by blindart
    Oh good lord no! I had to choose between the in-laws and my sanity, so we are divorced now. (It's not normal for a 23 year-old man to take a bath and have his mother waltz right in to scrub his back, right?)

lol @ Siso
    It almost sounds like this is just the tip of the iceberg and you have plenty more stored away.
    p.s. blindart

FORT Fogey
    Omg i just read your post Blindart, and old lady felt you up and you beat her up LOL that's hilarious! what happened after that? What did the woman do after you threw her across the room ?

She just glared at me for a really long time. I think either she was in shock or she was putting some kind of curse on me. I bet nobody had hit her for at least 50 years.

I swear I'm not a violent person, I don't even spank my kid. The last time before that I'd hit someone was in 5th grade, I punched my best friend (who I'm still in touch with) in the nose because she was defending Nixon.

FORT Fogey
    Blindart that is hysterical! It is like the basis for a great SNL sketch! I will have to tell that one! whew!

blindart, it's been a long time since I laughed this hard.

FORT Fogey
    The weirdest gift I ever got was from my Aunt and Uncle in New Jersey. I think they are a very close-knit family, but they gave us "Chicken Soup for the Family Soup Board Game" Yeah.. its a board game too! Anyways, so Iopen it up and they are questions like "What is your biggest secret?" and "What is the worst lie you have ever told?" Yeah RIGHT like I am going to tell my brother + dad + mom that!!! Geeeez!!! It is still sitting in the back of my closet. Anotehr game they gave us last year was a board game called Weird Science Facts or something like that... geeeez!!!!!!

ETA - blindart.. that was hilarious!!!!!!!!

I missed this thread the first time around. Too funny!

My sister-in-law is a pretty normal, conventional person but has this quirk about gifts - she gives very strange ones. My brother long ago learned to shrug and let her do what she likes. I think it's because she grew up in poverty and even though she & my brother are well off, she just can't bring herself to spend money very easily.

One year my husband, baby daughter & I got a packet of dry spaghetti sauce for Christmas. Another year the "family" present was a pair of glow-in-the-dark earrings. (My sister and her family got the same present, even though she doesn't have pierced ears, nor did her preschool aged sons.)

One year she must have found a case of molding, fake leather coin purses in a back alley because we all got matching ones, complete with an identical stench of decay.

She really is a nice, normal girl otherwise!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I missed this thread the first time around. Too funny!

My sister-in-law is a pretty normal, conventional person but has this quirk about gifts - she gives very strange ones. My brother long ago learned to shrug and let her do what she likes. I think it's because she grew up in poverty and even though she & my brother are well off, she just can't bring herself to spend money very easily.

One year my husband, baby daughter & I got a packet of dry spaghetti sauce for Christmas. Another year the "family" present was a pair of glow-in-the-dark earrings. (My sister and her family got the same present, even though she doesn't have pierced ears, nor did her preschool aged sons.)

One year she must have found a case of molding, fake leather coin purses in a back alley because we all got matching ones, complete with an identical stench of decay.

She really is a nice, normal girl otherwise!
    LoL Dry Spaghetti Sauce? How funny...omg I think I would have laughed in her face...haha...maybe she doesnt like ya'll and is afraid to tell ya! lol but seriously...I'ma give my sister Dry Spaghetti sauce for Christmas! I have some in my drawer...shed probly freak out! lmao

Brillo pads.... 'nuff said. It was someones idea of a joke.... Long story so I wont bore you with the details. It shall suffice to say that the giving of it was this elaborate thing that they stopped class for. (I was 14 at the time)....

What the heck were they thinking???
    Last edited by senrik; 08-30-2003 at 11:52 AM.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast