+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The weirdest Gift

Ya'll have received some really weird gifts!

I'm not sure if this is really weird, but to me it is.

When I got married I received a total of 7 crystal bowls (BIG bowls!). Never mind the crystal candy dishes and vases.

What the hell do you do with crystal bowls? Do you serve chips in them? I'm just so uncultured!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Originally posted by greenflute98

When I got married I received a total of 7 crystal bowls (BIG bowls!). Never mind the crystal candy dishes and vases.

What the hell do you do with crystal bowls? Do you serve chips in them? I'm just so uncultured!
    Wow... and I was having trouble trying to figure out what to do wth my ONE crystal bowl! You know what is wierd about my wedding gifts? You always hear the jokes about getting 13 blenders, and I was hoping I would get at least ONE, but I didn't. I still don't have a blender!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Originally posted by greenflute98

The perfect gift to re-gift!

for christmas i got this wierd flower thing that you pretend to water and it grows, except its plastic....and i was in college.. it was so wierd, i still havent used it
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fogey
    green flute, are they wide mouthed like your could serve salad etc in or are they the ones with a very small opening?

If they are the service kind then I always use them to serve salads, or to take a dish to someones house. If they are the other kind then they are rose bowls and you can just display them in groupings w/candles inside or put roses in them.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Speaking of duplicate wedding gifts, we got three identical toaster ovens. Of couse, we took two back for store credit and kept the really good one, which was from our man Paulie and his family.

FORT Fogey
    Do you ever have paulie over for toast?
    And Wayner I just want to add it's a good thing I didn't see
    " once we got this baby cookie boquet" from you in this thread!!! lol

Originally posted by firegirl
    green flute, are they wide mouthed like your could serve salad etc in or are they the ones with a very small opening?

If they are the service kind then I always use them to serve salads, or to take a dish to someones house. If they are the other kind then they are rose bowls and you can just display them in groupings w/candles inside or put roses in them.

Wow, thanks FG. I think they are wide mouthed cuz they're like a bowl. I don't know how else to explain them. I guess I'll have to start serving lots of salad then!
    Who shot who in the what now?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by firegirl
    Do you ever have paulie over for toast?
    And Wayner I just want to add it's a good thing I didn't see
    " once we got this baby cookie boquet" from you in this thread!!! lol
    FG, that cookie bouquet was one of the sweetest gifts I've ever received! In fact, I mentioned it in another thread not 10 minutes ago!!!

And no, I've never had Paulie over for toast. Milk, sure, but never toast.

My weirdest gift was from my mother-in-law's sister, the first time I met her. I was pregnant (and a little full of morning sickness and grumpy). She was in her 70's, with parkinson's - the stereotypical "little old lady."

She gives me a bag of clothes from the thrift shop that she got for me "cause everyone needs a helping hand when they first start a family." Now I wear thrift shop clothes, but I certainly wouldn't buy them for a total stranger as a gift.

Anyway, one of the items was a used black padded bra, like a 38AA. First, I am definitely not so big as a 38. Second, I'm not so small as an AA. Third, the last thing I need is padding there. And finally, it's USED UNDERWEAR --- EWWWWWWWWW!!!

I tried to politely give it back, saying thanks but no thanks. She kept forcing it on me. The more she forced it on me, the more I was repulsed by thinking about having to have someone's underwear in my hand. Then she got mad, accusing me of being too good to accept help. So I told her it wasn't even my size. Then she argues with me about that, saying of course it's my size. :

I was wearing a bulky sweatshirt, so I guess she couldn't see my shape so well. So she reaches out and grabs a handful of me, to see for herself what size I am. :

I was so caught offguard, I smacked her. I sent this frail little woman halfway across her living room. There weren't any witnesses, the rest of the in-laws were in the other room and came running in when they heard her scream. It's pretty hard to explain you just hit an old lady cause she tried to feel you up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast