+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The weirdest Gift

Originally posted by spegs
    We got a set of four paper placemats--the kind they set on the table of mom and pop's family restaurant in places like Globe, Arizona--for a wedding present. The strangest part was that they were from a really wealthy old couple who live in a giant mansion up on the mountain.
    Perhaps they were part of the paper barons' suite of paper furniture. You should be thankful for their sacrifice, you ingrate!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

And, BTW, glennajo, is your dad's name Jim? They might be the same person. Crazy Uncle Jim actually came out ahead that Christmas. He stole my brother's dress shoes on his way out the door.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Nope, it's Joe. That's where I got my middle name.
    Too bad, I was pretty sure we were related there for a second.

I can't remember getting a weird gift. But once, my friend got a lightbulb for Xmas. Not xmas lights, mind you, but those, single 'I have an idea' kind of lightbulbs.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I remember getting some pretty weird gifts. For my 14th birthday, I received 4, count them, 4 barbie dolls. I had stopped playing with dolls when I was 5. Then, I received bath salts and all this smelly lotion stuff when I was 10. I didn't even take baths! And, I was a little tomboy-ish, so the smelly stuff didn't help!

When was the last time you watched a Disney movie?
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

when I was five, my Grandmother of all people once gave me a toy (she thought). It was one of those "Spencer " like gag toys,you press a button and this little kid drops his drawers and leaks. My Grandmother loved it!, my mom(the Prude) didn't. Niether did my teacher for show and tell.......(Never did see the little guy again.)
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

This thread is hilarious!

Let's see, my grandma used to always get everyone in the family Right Guard deodarant, Crest toothpaste, socks and underwear (plain white) for Christmas. She would usually get something else nice too, but you could count on your hygiene needs being taken care of.

My in-laws used to always get me clothes at Christmas, and for some unknown reason three years in a row I got PURPLE CORDOUROY SUITS with plaid blouses that had high ruffley necklines. Did I EVER wear purple cordouroy? No. Did I EVER wear ruffley blouses? No.

It made me want to go up to them, shake their hands and say "hi, I'm Molly. I don't believe we've met."

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Get this guys:

My cousin's boyfriend gave me this beeper type contraption last christmas that served as a personal body alarm. He explained: "if you ever feel followed or like you're about to be mugged, just press this button," which of course he demonstrated, and it made this ear-piercing screechy noise.

I was wanted to say "Thanks. I'm sure this will keep those pesky rapists and ax murderers away from me."

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Originally posted by aliasmq
    when I was five, my Grandmother of all people once gave me a toy (she thought). It was one of those "Spencer " like gag toys,you press a button and this little kid drops his drawers and leaks. My Grandmother loved it!, my mom(the Prude) didn't. Niether did my teacher for show and tell.......(Never did see the little guy again.)
    OMFG! Hysterical!

Re: This thread is hilarious!

Originally posted by MollyRose
    My in-laws used to always get me clothes at Christmas, and for some unknown reason three years in a row I got PURPLE CORDOUROY SUITS with plaid blouses that had high ruffley necklines. Did I EVER wear purple cordouroy? No. Did I EVER wear ruffley blouses? No.

It made me want to go up to them, shake their hands and say "hi, I'm Molly. I don't believe we've met."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast