+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The weirdest Gift

glennajo, your gift reminds me of the time my crazy uncle swung by for Christmas. He handed my brother and me a single plastic bag and said we were to split its contents. There was some gum, a couple of pens, and two large bath brushes (with removable heads). He gave my cousins (his nieces) a Ouija board to share.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Had to think a while, but I think the teabag squeezer my best friend gave me (as a joke though ) one Christmas was the strangest item I have ever received.

My little sister gave me an eraser and pencil wrapped up one Christmas, but she was only about 5 years old, so she was simply beaming when I opened the package, because she had bought it herself with her own money. It was actually the best Christmas present I have ever received (the thought behind it beats any present before and after.)

Re: The weirdest Gift

Originally posted by aliasmq
    My son gave me an early Fathers Day present: a worm cut into pieces w/ a rock and an action figure w/ no head. He says the worm ate the head after the figure cut it up Weird and it's still on my desk in my office
    Heehee. Sounds like my kind of kid. It's great that you have it on display.

glennajo, your gift reminds me of the time my crazy uncle swung by for Christmas. He handed my brother and me a single plastic bag and said we were to split its contents. There was some gum, a couple of pens, and two large bath brushes (with removable heads). He gave my cousins (his nieces) a Ouija board to share.
    Paulie,I wish you could hear me laughing. I'm dying here!!!The laugh smilie just doesn't get the point across. I started giggling thinking about it, and I'm still having little outbursts! I can just see your face when you opened the bag! "Woo Hoo! Wait,... WTF?"

Maybe my Dad is your crazy uncle.

We got a set of four paper placemats--the kind they set on the table of mom and pop's family restaurant in places like Globe, Arizona--for a wedding present. The strangest part was that they were from a really wealthy old couple who live in a giant mansion up on the mountain.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    These are some very funny gifts.

I forgot that a few years ago my folks gave me a cd of fireplace sound. You know, crackling and popping. The weird thing is, I HAVE A FIREPLACE!!! I mean, did they want me to be able to set a romantic mood with Mrs. Wayner in the car or something?

Spegs, paper placemats? The kind you throw away when you're done eating? I bet the rich old couple on the mountain have lots of money because they don't spend it on wedding gifts.

And "bow chicka bow bow" @Wayner!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by glennajo
    Spegs, paper placemats? The kind you throw away when you're done eating? I bet the rich old couple on the mountain have lots of money because they don't spend it on wedding gifts.

And "bow chicka bow bow" @Wayner!
    That was my thought exactly regarding the paper mats, Glennajo.

As for bcbb in my car; at the time I was driving a '96 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It's impossible to get get jiggy in an Eclipse. Well, at least it is if you're 6'3".

Originally posted by spegs
    We got a set of four paper placemats--the kind they set on the table of mom and pop's family restaurant in places like Globe, Arizona--for a wedding present. The strangest part was that they were from a really wealthy old couple who live in a giant mansion up on the mountain.
    Well, why do you think they were wealthy?
    Or maybe more aptly put, how do you think they got wealthy?

edit: Okay, everyone is way too fast typing. Still have the slowest fingers in the west!

FORT Fogey
    Spegs, I bet they gave some other couple a bunch of sweet and low from the same table!

Paulie, that is just sad! I did get a set of glasses for my wedding from the Pastor of my church growing up and the garage sale sticker was still on the box!

Oh and a bunch of bathroom stuff , but not towels, it was like those flower stickers for the tub so you won't slip, cleaning supplies and a plunger.. hmm that was fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast