+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Last year I was told I probably woudn't make it to see the new year. Well I did and

Last year I was told I probably woudn't make it to see the new year. Well I did and

Crohn's is a never ending ordeal but last year I had C-Diff and was sick for months. Had to take short term disability and that cut my income a LOT.

So far this year (knock on wood) I have been okay.

am stronger than before. The Crohn's will never go away but maybe we are getting it under control. My promise if I got better to pay the kindness that people showed me to the homeless.

I promised myself if I was able to get better and get back to work, I would give to the homeless that live near me.

While getting stocking stuffers for my kids, I noticed that gloves were a really great price and when I walked past them the thought went through my head "to whom much is given-much is expected"

I bought 20 pair and tonight while walking the dog I passed out all 20 pair in the little homeless community set up at the park next door. I live downtown and see the homeless a lot.

One lady knocked a pair that I was trying to give her out of my hand (they were red and that is an issue ) The guy sitting next to her yelled at her to never do that to someone trying to be nice. I said it's okay I have a different color. She started crying and asked if she could hug me and I said sure. She hugged me and started praying and asked for forgiveness. I told her there was nothing to forgive but have a Merry Christmas.

I know it isn't much but it was what I could do.
    holly71, Punkin, shyra and 14 others like this.

Re: Last year I was told I probably woudn't make it to see the new year. Well I did

I love you tapper! Gloves are Perfect! Another thing homeless people love are clean warm sox. Don't even have to be new. While we are all counting our blessings (and I still can, even after I lost my wonderful husband and my middle son this year), we must remember those who have so little and there is so much we can do within our means to make the Christmas Season and Holidays a little bit better for them. You've done a wonderful thing! And it IS Much! Spreading blessings, while you count yours, is what it is all about!

My youngest sister succumbed to C-diff a year ago January. Even after a fecal transplant. It's a mean disease. I am so happy that you have beaten it. Merry Christmas, sweetie! Thanks for the inspiration for all us Forters to do something for our less fortunate fellow citizens.
    Lynda

Re: Last year I was told I probably woudn't make it to see the new year. Well I did

Love you, tapper.
    Punkin and tapper01 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Tapper, you are an angel. I’m so glad you’re well.

I am as well, tapper. Your teaching skills have gone way behind the classroom.
    Punkin, tapper01 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

correction: beyond (not behind)
    tapper01 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Crohn's is a never ending ordeal but last year I had C-Diff and was sick for months. Had to take short term disability and that cut my income a LOT.

So far this year (knock on wood) I have been okay.

am stronger than before. The Crohn's will never go away but maybe we are getting it under control. My promise if I got better to pay the kindness that people showed me to the homeless.

I promised myself if I was able to get better and get back to work, I would give to the homeless that live near me.

While getting stocking stuffers for my kids, I noticed that gloves were a really great price and when I walked past them the thought went through my head "to whom much is given-much is expected"

I bought 20 pair and tonight while walking the dog I passed out all 20 pair in the little homeless community set up at the park next door. I live downtown and see the homeless a lot.

One lady knocked a pair that I was trying to give her out of my hand (they were red and that is an issue ) The guy sitting next to her yelled at her to never do that to someone trying to be nice. I said it's okay I have a different color. She started crying and asked if she could hug me and I said sure. She hugged me and started praying and asked for forgiveness. I told her there was nothing to forgive but have a Merry Christmas.

I know it isn't much but it was what I could do.
    Wow that is amazing. It's what the season is supposed to be about, and in this day and age with so many horrible things happening, what a light in the darkness you are in this world. You're an angel and an example for humans
    Punkin, Cootie and tapper01 like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Aww tapper, you made me tear up! Bless you and the gloves you gave out, so sweet and so kind! The homeless always needs gloves, socks and hats! Thankyou from the bottom of my heart!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ohhhhhhh tapper!!!!

You are amazing!!!! You have a huge HEART!!!!

I only wish we had more “tappers” in this sometimes very cold country of ours!!!
    Punkin, Cootie, tapper01 and 1 others like this.
    KAREN

I'm glad you didn't get discouraged by the one lady with the color issue. It's hard to keep on keeping on when you get a reaction like that, which is why it's especially great that you did.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due March 6th)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast