+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

A sketch of a photo I saw somewhere:

Sorry if it looks a bit ashy...
    Gustav Holst was right!

Great work Glitternerfball & Haejin!

Wow, we have some very talented people on the Fort. Good job, all!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Since I moved to Alabama, I took up quilting, and here are a couple quilts I have made. Unfortunately I have no picture of the very first quilt I made, it was for one of my nephews, and I gave it for his christening present.

The birthday cake quilt was kind of "ex tempore", last night effort to submit something to a local quilt show (theme kitchen/food).

The second quilt (snails trail pattern) is my "masterpiece" I won best piecing award for it at local quilt show, and it is called "Silver Sixpence" (theme was the wedding poem "something old, something new..." and all the parts of the poem are there in one form or another: snail's trail blocks are blue, several of the fabrics are borrowed (non-returnable now ), the embroidery flowers are from a table runner my greatgrandmother-in-law made sometime in early 60's, something new is the "pearls" around the flowerblocks, and in the middle of the quilt there is a real silver sixpence under a piece of lace).

The third quilt is grandma's flowergarden pattern, all hand pieced (while watching reality TV...), I am so proud of this one . It is not quilted yet, but it is for my niece, and

the fourth quilt is not quite finished yet either, but it goes to my other nephew. (See a pattern here...everything goes to nieces/nephews, I have to yet make one for my own kids...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Very nice, Tirlittan.

(Say, don't we have a quilting museum in downtown B'ham?)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Re: My art

OK, so I looked far and wide to find this thread (pg 20!)

We are redoing my daughter's room and she has fallen in love with all things Paris. Pink, white and black with stripes, polka dots and girly floral accents. She asked for a dressing screen and I looked everywhere to find one that fit our needs and I couldn't find one, so I made her one.

Closet doors from the Habitat for Humanity Restore $10
    Paint $10
    Faux Flowers $6
    = one very happy little girl

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Holy mackeral Duxxy...did you do those drawings yourself??? How absolutely awesome for your daughter! She's one lucky (and cute) little girl!!

Way to go Duxxy.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Gosh, that's gorgeous Duxxy. I was in Tuesday Morning this past week with my neighbor and they have a lot of decorative storage boxes that would go with that very well. And other decorative accents that would fit that theme.

I LOVE Tuesday morning. I haven't bought a lot from there, but I can spend hours browsing the store and dreaming. They usually have great prices though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar

Duxxy- that screen is incredible, and your daughter is so, so cute!
    I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Thank you so much! The inspiration for the drawings were taken from the internet. I found what I was looking for and drew them by hand. My daughter wanted fashion, a poodle and the eiffel tower.
    The knobs on the dresser were my own design.
    I was very pleased that it turned out so well.

MRD we don't have a Tuesday Morning here.. or I would head right on over! When I first read your post I was thinking.. She was in where? tuesday morning?
    Last edited by Duxxy; 08-12-2007 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread