+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 120 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

FORT Fogey
    Crazy hazy, I wonder what his kids are like...

I like a little darkness in my life diet, or couldn't you tell?

Fade to black
    Thanks greenie... most of my poems are like the second one and not the first one.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Actually, that poem reminds me of the NIN song "Piggy," except a lot better.

Originally posted by eldee
    I like a little darkness in my life diet, or couldn't you tell?
    I enjoy a little darkness too eldee, even though I'm pretty fun-loving.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Oh... Anna... kids... well here's something else I wrote... about my relationship with my kids. I'll shut up after this. This is something really personal to me, so I guess I'm opening up a little here.

"Hide and Seek"

I chased them around the house, hearing their laughter ringing in my ears like a sweet melody. Their giggles as they hid from me brought smiles to me, both externally, and internally. "Where oh where can my little boys be," I said with a triumphant chuckle, knowing full and well they were hiding from me in the closet. I walked slowly around the corner, and with catlike quickness I pounced into the closet, with a banshee yell to scare them from their positions. They screamed with delight and climbed on top of me, laughing their little hearts out.

It's funny how a little game like hide and seek can so imitate life. I've been playing this game with my boys for many years now, except this week it was different. They were actually here to play it with me. They had been hiding from me for the longest of times, and never could I find them. I'd call out their names, and I would not hear their laughter. I'd look for them in my closet, but they were no where to be found.

They are sleeping right now, no more than twenty feet away from me. I find myself sneaking into their room to catch glimpses of them. I try to memorize everything I can about them. Their smiles, laughs, tears, frowns, hugs, voices... everything about them. I know soon we will be playing hide and seek again, and that I won't be able to find them. This time though, I want to be able to find them in my imagination, in my mind, and always in my heart.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, and I have many regrets. Two things I will never regret though are my children. They are my reason for living. They are the reason I strive to achieve so much in my life. Everything I do, not only for myself, but for them. The hardest aspect of my life is that they live over 1,000 miles away and that I am lucky if I get to see them once a year. I don't think anyone realizes how hard it is to play an active role as a parent when their is such a large distance between you. How many 9 and 6 year olds do you know that will listen to what someone says via a telephone or a letter? How can they possibly understand and appreciate how much they mean to their distant father? the answers are not too many, and they don't.

I've gone out on dates and been turned away because of the fact that I have two children. That's fine, I wouldn't want that person in my life anyway. I've had friends tell me that I should not tell the people I go out with that I have two boys since I never see them anyway. Those people needless to say, are not what I would consider the closest of friends. You want me baby, you get the whole package, and that includes two of the most loving boys in the world. Take it or leave it. That's my attitude on it, and I'm not compromising that position for anyone, no matter how much silicone she might have.

The feel of two little arms wrapped tightly around your neck. The enthusiastic "I love you Daddy" beamed at you from across the room. The smiles as you throw a ball across a grassy field. The laughter as you wrestle each other mercilessly on the bed until you both collapse from exhaustion.

Every day these are the things that I remember. These are the dreams that I have when I go to sleep. When I struggle with why I work and go to school, I remember that all of this will bring me closer to them. I remember their eyes staring at me. I remember the tears I shed as I have to turn my back on them once again.

Tomorrow morning, I will give them a hug and a kiss good bye, and tears will fall from my face much like they are now. I will walk backwards out the door, not wanting to turn my back. They will cry out for me not to go, much like they did five years ago when I left their mother. They will come running after me, and I will have to walk away from their open arms. I will walk out the door, and we will play a game. Another game of hide and seek. I won't find them anywhere, except in my dreams.

I really don't like this game that much anymore.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Fogey
    Hey Hazy, do you know who Steve Poltz is?

I'm feeling like a group hug right now.

Wow, a serious side to hazy... maybe now the teasing will stop! Nah, I doubt it
    I really liked the frogger poem, and if I had half as much talent as you do, I'd prolly write something like that "Hide and Seek" brought a tear to my eye. That's impressive. I really, really liked it... it's hard to explain. My life isn't depressing, but my taste in art is. Weird, huh? Don't shut up, Hazy!!
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Fade to black
    songwriter/singer right? Rugburns or something like that. Very stream of thought kind of stuff. Heard of him vaguely, but I can't say I'm super familiar with him. Should I be?

+ Reply to Thread