+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1199
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

  1. #721
    Fade to black
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,944
    I wanted to challenge myself. I knew I could write with a male pov. That and someone very close to me went through the abuse that I was going to use as a central theme in the novel so the experiences seemed more realistic.

    Always good to see your input naus.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

  2. #722
    ~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas (Lost Wages, Sin City)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    114
    [QUOTE=hazyshadeof]I wanted to challenge myself. I knew I could write with a male pov.QUOTE]

    Sometimes the hardest thing to do...is try something different. Its just easy to stick with something you know.

  3. #723
    Fade to black
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,944
    If anyone is interested they can read the revised female POV story here. Warning, it is not PG-13 and contains some very graphic scenes (the reason I won't post it here). Even though this story was workshopped to death, I always want to know what people think. I'd love to hear any feedback, positive or negative.

    http://home.mn.rr.com/ahazyshadeof/PlayAgain.htm
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

  4. #724
    ~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas (Lost Wages, Sin City)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    If anyone is interested they can read the revised female POV story here. Warning, it is not PG-13 and contains some very graphic scenes (the reason I won't post it here). Even though this story was workshopped to death, I always want to know what people think. I'd love to hear any feedback, positive or negative.

    http://home.mn.rr.com/ahazyshadeof/PlayAgain.htm

    Ok..that was quite possibly...the SADDEST story I have ever read..omg it made me cry....

  5. #725
    Don't Panic senrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, WA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,165
    [QUOTE=Blazingorchidlv]
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    I wanted to challenge myself. I knew I could write with a male pov.QUOTE]

    Sometimes the hardest thing to do...is try something different. Its just easy to stick with something you know.
    I find when you do speak with another voice, one different from your own, it makes it hard to see things from one angle again. Of course thats a GOOD thing.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

  6. #726
    ~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas (Lost Wages, Sin City)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I find when you do speak with another voice, one different from your own, it makes it hard to see things from one angle again. Of course thats a GOOD thing.
    Yeah totally...my poetry is completely not me..I am not that demented and depressed. But when I write..i just go to a new world basically.

  7. #727
    Don't Panic senrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, WA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazingorchidlv
    Yeah totally...my poetry is completely not me..I am not that demented and depressed. But when I write..i just go to a new world basically.
    Well, i do get that demented and depressed. but poetry sometimes helps me exorcise the demons. and being able to see things from other sets of eyes, I think make it easier for me to see 'the big picture' whatever that is.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

  8. #728
    ~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas (Lost Wages, Sin City)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Well, i do get that demented and depressed. but poetry sometimes helps me exorcise the demons. and being able to see things from other sets of eyes, I think make it easier for me to see 'the big picture' whatever that is.
    Yeah..I mean I do get depressed and what not...but I write the things that go through my mind in my poetry...instead of doing it to myself ya know? I make the character slit her wrists..lol kill her not me haha

  9. #729
    Don't Panic senrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, WA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazingorchidlv
    Yeah..I mean I do get depressed and what not...but I write the things that go through my mind in my poetry...instead of doing it to myself ya know? I make the character slit her wrists..lol kill her not me haha
    hey now.... sometimes people have a tendancy to think its you, rather than the character in your poetry.... I've already been accused of that here on this site.

    I kid you not.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

  10. #730
    ~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas (Lost Wages, Sin City)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    hey now.... sometimes people have a tendancy to think its you, rather than the character in your poetry.... I've already been accused of that here on this site.

    I kid you not.
    WELL NEWS FLASH!!!! ITS A CHARACTER!!!!! that just happens to be going through the same things as me...lmao

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.