+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

Bloonman is back!

Hi everyone! This is not a piece of my art, but I think it relates to this thread. . .
    I've never attached something other than a picture before, but I'm trying to attach an mp3. . .bear with me here!

A friend of mine put a bunch of music on my computer before I left for school, and I just heard this song by Christine Lavin, and thought of many of you--writers especially. It makes me laugh, yet I can see some truth to it too. Hazy, you may be amused by her use and "not-use" of rhyming.

See what you think. Keep in mind humorous content, as opposed to formally trained singing!

P.S. Edited to say : It didn't work. Anyone know how to attach an mp3, or know how to tell whether or not the file is too big? Can anyone read an m4a file? I have that format too.
    Last edited by AliceBShoe; 06-26-2003 at 07:10 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Sounds cool.......

My friend and I make parodies of everyone, they're pretty witty, maybe I could record them w/ my mic on my computer, and you guys could listen to them. They're sort of like Wierd Al-type stuff.

-Rach

Originally posted by bloonman
    Hello, everybody!

Last night (before the lovefest with hazy and greenflute!) I made this balloon for SnowflakeGirl. It could be subtitled: 'Light and beautiful.' I hope you like it, SFG!

Awww, Bloonman, what a gorgeous balloon creation ! It truly is "exquisite" and I am duly honored that you would make such a thing for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

What a nice thing to see on my first visit to the "My Art" thread. Why didn't I come here earlier? One thing is clear: I have a lot of catching up to do.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

P.S. How did you know this is what I look like, Bloonman? It's great likeness!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Bloony, that balloon is fantastic!! I don't even know how you think these things up.

And SFG, I like the new av!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Bloon is such a nice guy. I know I tease him, but he really is a great guy.

Alice, that's too bad you couldn't get that to work. I think you have to upload it to a personal site and then post the link (that's what Mantenna did I believe).

Here are some simple observations I made, walking in the rain one day.

Half green leaves hanging over sidewalks.
    A slight rain like the mist of a shower turned all the way down, slicking my uncovered hair.
    I walk.

A girl in a sky blue pullover walks by, her hood pulled tightly over her head.
    She doesn't want to get wet.
    Does rain hurt?

A mother and child dashing through the drops.
    Why not stop and play?
    Embrace the skies.

The trees swaying from the breeze, rocking gently back and forth, lulling me into a trance.
    They like the rain.

Walking under the protection of protruding buildings.
    Protected.
    But from what?
    Themselves?
    Others?
    Nature?
    No, it certainly isn't nature.
    She wouldn't hurt you.
    But you would hurt you.
    And they would hurt you.

An umbrella, so ugly it makes her look pretty.
    Even though she's not.

Two people talking, a stark contrast of each other.
    One white with hood drawn snug.
    Afraid of something.
    The other - black.
    Nothing to hide, walking aloof - no care in the world.
    Life is black and white sometimes you know.

Pages getting wet.
    Ink smearing into unintelligible words.

I think I'll go someplace where it's safe.

Crumpled piece of paper a half foot short of a half empty waste basket, the wind carrying it to the skies.
    To the rain.

Lying on the grass.
    Staring upwards into oblivion.
    Rain drops like tears on my face.

Safe.
    Last edited by hazyshadeof; 06-27-2003 at 09:15 AM.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Awww, Bloonman, what a gorgeous balloon creation ! It truly is "exquisite" and I am duly honored that you would make such a thing for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

What a nice thing to see on my first visit to the "My Art" thread. Why didn't I come here earlier? One thing is clear: I have a lot of catching up to do.

You're welcome, Snow!
    And thank you for the nice words. I assure you it was my pleasure. And what an honor that you've chosen to use 'balloon SnowflakeGirl' as your avatar! I certainly wasn't expecting that. I just wanted to offer a fun alternative. I'm attaching a slightly better version of the av--or at least a slightly different sizing.

Thanks again,
    bloonman

Attached Images Attached Images
    "I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

hazy, I like your new poem/observations about rain. I myself would be the girl with the hood on, unless it's really warm out then I enjoy a good sprinkle.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Originally posted by greenflute98
    Bloony, that balloon is fantastic!! I don't even know how you think these things up.
    Thanks, flute! And congrats on your writer status!

"I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread