+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Hello, everybody!

Last night (before the lovefest with hazy and greenflute!) I made this balloon for SnowflakeGirl. It could be subtitled: 'Light and beautiful.' I hope you like it, SFG!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bloonman; 06-24-2003 at 09:50 AM.
    "I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Here's another view of SnowflakeGirl:

Last edited by bloonman; 06-24-2003 at 09:51 AM.
    "I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

And one more of just the snowflake.

Okay, one last thing for SnowflakeGirl. I've attached a smaller version of the 'balloon SnowflakeGirl' as an alternative av. I love the Monica one that you're currently using, though SFG! (I know, hazy--way too much free time on my hands!) :boredball

:pond
    Last edited by bloonman; 06-24-2003 at 10:46 AM.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Oh bloony, you're so talented. I was involved in a carnival, doing face painting and balloon sculpturing.

I really had a hard time sculpting any balloon shapes without it bursting. :boredball

You really made a nice balloon for Snowflake girl!!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Originally posted by unexplained
    Oh bloony, you're so talented. I was involved in a carnival, doing face painting and balloon sculpturing.

I really had a hard time sculpting any balloon shapes without it bursting. :boredball

You really made a nice balloon for Snowflake girl!!
    Thanks, unexplained!

I was really pleased with the balloon I came up with for SnowflakeGirl. A former Dean at the college where I work saw it as we passed each other in the hall, and he described it in one word: 'exquisite'. Quite a compliment.

PS. After you've inflated a balloon, let a little bit of air out of it before you tie it to avoid excessive 'poppage'! (It's called 'burping' by the way.)

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    Just wanted to explain that above "experiment"

Prof in grad school, said you have ten minutes, write whatever comes to your mind. Let your mind go. Write as you feel it. So it might not necessarily flow like a story, because it's not really, it's thoughts/mocking/wit about the hypocrisy of organized religion (and yes, I'm aware that not ALL organized religion is hypocritical). It's a good experiment for those of you who want to learn to put yourself in a place and let go. It makes writing more authentic when you do achieve to write an actual story.

Hazy, I was thinking that was a pretty good story--powerful and different. Knowing you did this in only 10 minutes just adds to the versatility and talent you constantly show as a writer. Whether it's a poem, a short story, a novel, or a humorous post that you submit, your heart and skill come through. I hope you get the you deserve! You should be invited to write for the FORT, imho.

Last edited by bloonman; 06-25-2003 at 08:19 PM.

FORT Fogey
    My mom actually could've been an artist, but she got a job instead of going to college. She still has a lot of her paintings and stuff. Her best piece of art, IMO, is this one egg she decorated (painted). Anyways, I'm a big writer, but none of my stuffs that great. Hmmm.. maybe if I write something halfway decent, I'll post it. As for my mom's art, I'll see if I can get some pics up, of her art or mine or heck!, my brothers- he's good at art, also.

Wow- I didn't know so many of y'all were so talented! Bloonman I your creations! They're so cute!

-Rach

Maleady33, don't wait until you win a Pulitzer Prize. I bet what you write is better than you think. People are usually their own worst critic. I like to see or read what members post, not to judge their work, but to get to see and maybe understand a little bit more about them.

Originally posted by maleady33
    Wow- I didn't know so many of y'all were so talented! Bloonman I your creations! They're so cute!
    -Rach
    Thanks, Rach!

Here's a special one for you. And I hope we see some of your writing soon!

+ Reply to Thread