+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

Thanks Raindance I checked out your profile. Was it updated recently?

yay! eldee posted a poem! it was awesome!

firegirl, your poems definitely sound like songs! i liked them.

so much talent at the fort! i'm still loving this thread!

i still have to get around to listening to mantenna and cris!

Thanks a bunch, Splatty! How was your birthday?

(Right now I'm trying to change my avatar. Although I saved it to just under 125 pix. it tells me it's too big)

Yes I've just updated it. Business Student! Yay...

Ok back to art
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

eldee - thanks for asking. birthday wasn't too good - busy day at work - come home to depressed SO - but nice people at the FORT all wishing me happy birthday made up for it!

yeah, what raindance said - back to art.

Fade to black
    Another excerpt from "Letters to Myself" - this is Chapter Eight, edited a little to be PG-13.

"Isn't this f-ing great, Alex?"

I was staring out the window, my mind boggling at what I was seeing. Hundreds, no thousands, of beautiful girls wearing the tiniest bathing suits, the shortest shorts, waving and blowing kisses to all the cars passing by. I didn't bother to look over at Tommy, who was driving.

"Ummmm, yea," I said. "F-ing great."

Bren patted me on the shoulder from the back seat. "We're gonna get you laid Yankee. You is about to have the time of your life."

Panama City, Florida was where high school seniors (and juniors that had managed to weasel their way along) from all over the South came to celebrate graduation. Why parents agreed to it is beyond me. It was common knowledge that there were only three things that went on down here -- sex, booze, and drugs. I hadn't wanted to come at first, I'd never drank or done drugs, and I was too scared to even think of the prospect of bedding some stranger I met on a beach. Bren and Tommy talked me into it, though, using the old "maybe you'll meet someone" standby that always seemed to sucker me in.
    We checked into our hotel, right on the beach, and the most expensive one there was. Tommy had received a nice check for graduation and it was his treat.

"Alright, who's getting the floor the first night," Tommy laughed as we tossed our bags onto the floor.
    "I don't know about you Tommy, but I ain't sleeping," Bren grinned. He had broken up with his girlfriend about a month ago, so this was his first time stepping out into the world as a single man. Part of me thought he was still a little sad about his relationship ending, and he tried to hide it, but I could tell it bugged him.
    "I'll take the floor," I said, walking out to the balcony. I hadn't seen an ocean like this. In Oregon, the ocean was almost bitter. It didn't feel beautiful, it was cold and dark. Here, though, it was like Heaven had opened up and cast some spell upon the sands. The sun shone bright, giving the sand a golden hue. It bounced off the water, like a mirror. The water was the blue of my deep night slumbers. The blue of romance.
    I leaned against the rail and watched a strange man walking down the beach chanting something repeatedly. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but something about him fascinated me. He was probably sixty, maybe seventy, with long gray hair that went down to the middle of his back. His beard was almost as long, and just as scraggly looking. His belly jutted out, almost as if he had swallowed a watermelon, and he wore nothing but bright red Speedo's. He would walk fifty feet one way, and then turn. Back and forth, back and forth, he went.

"Hey guys," I said, looking back into the room. "Let's go hit the beach."

"Sure," Tommy said.

Bren popped off the bed, stretching his arms. It had been a long drive. "Yea, let's go."

"The end is coming." That's what the old man was saying. He was saying, "The end is coming." Bren and Tommy kept walking, unaware he was there. Bren looked back over his shoulder at me. I was standing there, looking after the man, watching him trod slowly down the beach. He was tracing his steps, carefully placing one foot in the same place as he had the last time he went that way. "You coming, Alex," Bren yelled. "Yea," I said, still looking towards the chanter. "I'll be there in a minute."
    I wanted to get a closer look at him, so I waited for him to return. He turned around and marched solemnly towards me. His eyes were locked straight forward. He didn't notice the group of boys walking by him, laughing, making obscene gestures behind him. He came up to me, and looked right into my eyes. His were gray, like his hair and beard. He smiled, and whispered, "The end is coming."

"Why," I asked. "Why is it coming?"

He stopped. He put out his hand. I felt compelled to grab it. He squeezed my hand gently, and he moved his face closer into mine. Almost as if he was going to kiss me.

"Love and life walk hand in hand," he said.

I looked at him, puzzled.

"Love and death walk hand in hand," he said.

I felt a hand on my right shoulder.

"Come on, Alex, what the hell are you doing."

It was Bren. He grabbed me and started pulling me towards the beach. I looked back at the old man with gray eyes.

He headed down the beach, quiet. He stopped, and turned towards the ocean. Motionless, he held his hands up, and yelled at the top of his voice, "The end is coming."

"The end is coming."
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Wow...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Hello again!

I thought I'd post 3 flower pictures I took on my recent trip to Seattle. Don't expect anything too 'artistic'. I'm no blindart!

Attached Images Attached Images
    "I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Here's another one....

"I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Last one...

+ Reply to Thread