+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 120 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

It's my ugly little hand, and the face is of a woman, Lilly, in Germany I think. I met her online through another forum, and she was emailing me photos of herself so I could play with them.

Here's a pic of me playing at a friend's wedding last year. I really don't care for this pic, but it's the only one I have on my 'puter. I don't know how to make an mp3 of my music.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Who shot who in the what now?

BlindArt, After the Detroit trainstation (was that John lurking in the corner with a small bag in his hand, trying to avoid the camera?) I stopped at the picture of the girl in the window at "my house."-(Will you walk me home?) It is mesmerizing. Did you take the pictures and/or write the text?

I've been to a couple of cementaries to take pictures. At first I felt like an intruder, an imposter of sorts without rights, but the longer I was there, the more at peace I felt.

Greenflute, you can't do anything to take a bad picture. At least you can play the flute. I can't even crack my knuckles in rhythm.

LOL eldee. I think that's one of my other talents: cracking knuckles in rhythm.

Your photographs are cool, though, eldee. I love your new av!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Blindart, I'm LOVING your photo! You're inspiring me to tinker with Photoshop in a different way.

The work I do is mostly 2-dimensional mixed media stuff--drawing, painting, collage, digital imagery. I use digital images and transparencies as layers inside these pieces, or sometimes as jumping off points. I take tons and tons of photos, and manipulate/enhance them in ways that still feel pretty literal in terms of subject. So far, I consider most of that stuff separate from my "real" artwork. . . more like a hobby. Somehow I'm having trouble feeling like it is legit enough to stand on its own. I'm still trying to come to terms with that!
    (OOPS--I was about to post an early version of a piece or two, but realized that stuff is on my work computer. I'll have to try tomorrow!)

Thanks. I'm still trying to teach myself photoshop. Now it has so many other options. The picture came out too dark and it was hard to me to try and focus it before I jumped in the shot.

Originally posted by eldee
    Thanks. I'm still trying to teach myself photoshop. Now it has so many other options. The picture came out too dark and it was hard to me to try and focus it before I jumped in the shot.
    Yeah, eldee--I like the new avatar too. I'm less afraid now!
    Have you played with curves, brightness/contrast, or the dodge/burn tools? It's amazing what you can "fix", if you feel you need to! I can spend almost as many hours playing with Photoshop as I do catching up on the Clay thread!

I did tinker with the brightness/contrast and it did look brighter than in the avatar. The only time I dodge and burned was when I actually developed the pictures. (I dodged a body part right out of a picture and it was hysterical!) I became too obsessive, ie: 8-14 hours. I paid for it with my health, but if I get better at it, it shouldn't take me so long. My instructor thought the other pictures I submitted were fine, but was shocked when he saw all the ones I didn't submit--never mind the ones I threw out.

Hopefully, it will all come to me with practice and time. I saw curves and now you have me curious,mmm.

Eldee, I know what you mean about the compulsive thing. I practically lived in the darkroom in college, and I still have a huge box of the many, many reject prints I made! I love photoshop because I don't have to be in the darkroom for that many hours. It got pretty depressing to not see the sun. Now at least I can obsess in the comfort of my own office! (and boy, does Photoshop offer lots to obsess over!)

+ Reply to Thread