+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

Hazy,
    I have always enjoyed reading your posts because I appreciate a sarcastic sense of humor, and boy, you definitely have one. And now, I have to thank you for sharing your sensitive side as well. Having read your poems and Hide and Seek, I will definitely be visiting your site to see what else you have written.

As many others have said, Hide and Seek was very touching and I got a bit choked up reading it. It takes a brave soul to share your most vulnerable side with total strangers (although the longer I spend at this site, the less you guys feel like strangers). Thank you for sharing and letting us all feel closer to you...

You have my heartfelt wish that you will soon be able to see more of your children. But don't worry, with your openness(sp?) and ability to express yourself, I have no doubt that they feel your love for them.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Fade to black
    I like that Feif. I like the symmetry of it and how it comes full circle.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Hazy, don't forget your little FORT friends when you make it big.

Thank you hazy. When printed out it was in a diamond shape. framed it that way in black, and gray card stock frames. My mother loved it. She always loves the poems. This is the first one that did not rhyme. Maybe I will post others later. Some are hokey and sappy, but she loves them and that is all that matters.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paulie
    That's very nice, bloonman! Thanks.
    Paulie!

You're very welcome. Glad to see you visting this thread!

"I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Fade to black
    Originally posted by Feifer
    This is the first one that did not rhyme. Maybe I will post others later. Some are hokey and sappy, but she loves them and that is all that matters.
    I like poems that don't rhyme. I'll probably duck and hide if you post rhyming ones.

But yes, the fact that she loves them is all that matters. To me, writing isn't about me enjoying the process but that others enjoy the story I tell, the pictures I paint with my words. Why write if no one will ever read it but yourself?
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by Feifer
    Hazy, you never cease to amaze me. You grow on me more each day. Thank you for sharing such intimate writing with us. You really can write. I can not wait to see the day we can buy a copy of your novel on FORT.
    Hi, Feifer!
    Yes, hazy does kind of grow on you--like a mold or fungus! And yes, he can write. That would be cool to see his novel for sale at the FORT someday!

BTW--thanks for sharing your poem.

<==hazy
    Last edited by bloonman; 06-11-2003 at 01:09 PM.
    "I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    I like poems that don't rhyme. I'll probably duck and hide if you post rhyming ones.
    hazy
    I may post some poems a little later today, and some of them rhyme--at least a little. Feel free to duck and hide!

But yes, the fact that she loves them is all that matters. To me, writing isn't about me enjoying the process but that others enjoy the story I tell, the pictures I paint with my words. Why write if no one will ever read it but yourself?
    I agree with you (somebody alert the media! ), though I will say that when I'm doing my best writing, it's possible to enjoy the process even if the work remains unread by others. Of course, though, any writer wants his/her offerings to be read, enjoyed, and appreciated. Too bad Emily Dickinson didn't read your post!

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    To me, writing isn't about me enjoying the process but that others enjoy the story I tell, the pictures I paint with my words. Why write if no one will ever read it but yourself?
    Hm, I disagree here. When I'm writing, it's like I've opened a connection to some part of me I can't get to any other way. I write to entertain myself as much as others. If I don't feel entertained or enlightened by what I've written, nobody else ever sees it. I think it's important for others to read what you write, but in order to not be destroyed by criticism, you have to feel comfortable and confident that what you wrote is worth reading. You're not going to please everyone all of the time so you'd better make sure you at least please yourself.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by bloonman

Hey, you've even inspired me to post a poem or two myself! (Yes, Mantenna, I even do that. ).
    Goodness....

Hmm...I'm not quite a poet (in my opinion), but I'll try to get my band together and record something for you guys to hear.

+ Reply to Thread