+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124125126127128129130131132133134
Results 1,331 to 1,335 of 1335
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: My Art

Re: My Art

Nice! I really want to learn to crochet. I can do a chain stitch, but after that I get confused.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

What a fun way to re-do a pattern and keep it to a minimalist standard. I used to crochet - a hundred years ago - which I found I liked better than knitting, but I don't want to set off that controversy.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    What a fun way to re-do a pattern and keep it to a minimalist standard. I used to crochet - a hundred years ago - which I found I liked better than knitting, but I don't want to set off that controversy.
    I like crocheting, and make no secret of it. Doubles and triples give you "more bang for your buck" . . . and mistakes are easier to fix.
    Arielflies likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Nice! I really want to learn to crochet. I can do a chain stitch, but after that I get confused.
    Check out youtube. There are lots of instructional sites there. If one doesn't work for you, try another. Also, Joanne's and Michael's craft stores have classes. You'll be surprised at how quickly you'll pick it up, once you have the basic idea. The hardest thing to do is learn how to hold the hook and your other hand to get the tension right. I have a project I give new students that helps with that.

If you're ever in AZ, I'll teach you!!!
    Gutmutter likes this.
    I'm Paula.

During my recent Florida vacation my daughter took me to a craft place she and her friends frequent. They all work with clay but I know from past experience that I am a disaster with clay so I opted to try glass fusing. Here is my first (and only) attempt. webFlorida0664.jpg

I found that for an investment of about $100 I can do this at home. There are microwave glass kilns on the market. You're not supposed to use the microwave that you use to cook but I think I can find a used one pretty cheap. I may try it!
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

+ Reply to Thread