+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

Re: My art

Cool drawings! I long lost my abilities of painting/drawing. Nowadays it's all photography. Here is a candid of the epithomy of beauty taken recently. Short haired brunettes is what it's all about. Reason why you don't get to see her face is because I never walked up to her and asked her if I could photograph her (let's call it shyness in front of beauty syndrome...). At least it's a good capture.

B40730_9
    Last edited by fredlun; 04-05-2008 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlun;2896243;
    .... Here is a candid of the epithomy of beauty taken recently. Short haired brunettes is what it's all about. Reason why you don't get to see her face is because I never walked up to her and asked her if I could photograph her (let's call it shyness in front of beauty syndrome...). At least it's a good capture.
    That's a superb photo fredlun! I really like your avatar photo of yourself too!! Keep up the fabulous work!

---------

I'm really nervous today. I'm going to a potential client to do a glitter tattoo demo this afternoon. Her daughter, has aspergers and the mom wants to make sure that she is introduced to it before her Bat Mitzvah later in May. I just hope I don't sneeze on the glitter and mess up this ladie's kitchen! She seems very nice, so I'm sure it will go well.

I just have to allow for more time to get there as it's freakin snowing out! I just washed my car yesterday and had the sunroof up! Stooopid Canadian weather!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Good Luck misskitty! I'm sure everything will go swimmingly!
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2897813;
    Good Luck misskitty! I'm sure everything will go swimmingly!
    Thank you. By the time I had to leave I wasn't nervous. But then the freeway out to where the client lived was horrible. Cars in the ditches, slippery, sleety. And I ran out of windshield fluid so I had to get off and find a Husky gas station and fill it up. I left mine in the garage.
    I also noticed my engine coolant was too low so I went back in and bought some. My hands were dirty so I needed to go and wash them as well. Thankfully, I wasn't late.

The demo went well. The girls loved the glitter tats. The mom is so incredibly stressed, I was stressed from her when I left!

Thanks misskitty, much appreciated. These are from last Sunday when having a coffee with a friend. I have taken worse pics, that's for sure. Camera is 40 years old and still rockin'
    B40772_4
    B40772_3
    B40772_5

Quote Originally Posted by fredlun;2908822;
    Thanks misskitty, much appreciated. These are from last Sunday when having a coffee with a friend. I have taken worse pics, that's for sure. Camera is 40 years old and still rockin'
    Great portrait shot. I would lighten it up a bit from the negative when you develop it if possible. I just want to see a bit more of your guy!

I love old cameras. And I love the old style of developing everything. I really was against digital for so long. But it's so easy and cheap now, I can't say I'm against it. It's great that you are keeping up the old ways of doing things!

Did you know that Kodak has stopped making Polaroid film? There is a guy who etches on the photo while it develops. He created this style of artwork. He's tried to buy all the Polaroid film he can find. Because when it's gone, so is his art! That's kinda sad.

You might find this site interesting: Polaroid Photography - Fine Art - Artist Portfolios

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2909195;
    I love old cameras. And I love the old style of developing everything. I really was against digital for so long. But it's so easy and cheap now, I can't say I'm against it. It's great that you are keeping up the old ways of doing things!
    [/url]
    Me too--I only finally went to digital last year when I finally had to admit that toting two cameras, several lenses, flashes, etc. etc. etc. is just too much for me anymore--my digital does have manual settings I can use, but still, there was something about those old canons I just loved. I don't love the new stuff.

I like those photos too fredlun. I don't mind the darkness even, (although strictly as a friendly artistic critique, I think I'd try to underexpose the little emblem on the cap and the white Tshirt a bit next time, at least from the way it looks on my screen.)

I've been trying to draw some portraits of my kitties, but for something that will sit there and not move for hours, they get awful active when I want them to sit still. I'm really wanting to do good drawings that actually look like 'my' cats, not generics, without using the camera to cheat. If i have any success any time soon, I'll try to post it. I feel awful that I've let my skills become so rusty, but glad that I even have the urge to draw. I haven't had it in a long time, for some reason. I used to live with a pad of paper and pencils in my hands.
    Last edited by queenb; 04-11-2008 at 07:10 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

For those particular shots with the posed moodiness I think it's appropriate exposure (I didn't make the pics darker than they were from the scanner, it was a rather dark scene), but there really isn't a "right" exposure. Here are some "lighter" shots

B28476_8
    Untitled-Scanned-75
    Untitled-Scanned-76
    Last edited by fredlun; 04-11-2008 at 02:29 PM.

fredlun: Fabulous shots!!

queenb: Yes, please post your drawings when you can! I would love to see them.

Well, here's a few photos I finally downloaded from our recent Surprise Blizzard. Some were taken after a lot of melting.

And a few more.....

+ Reply to Thread