+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 120 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1199
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My art

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: My art

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2521821;
    Thank you so much! The inspiration for the drawings were taken from the internet. I found what I was looking for and drew them by hand. My daughter wanted fashion, a poodle and the eiffel tower.
    The knobs on the dresser were my own design.
    I was very pleased that it turned out so well.

MRD we don't have a Tuesday Morning here.. or I would head right on over! When I first read your post I was thinking.. She was in where? tuesday morning?
    Awww...you make me sick
    I can't draw a decent stick figure much less the freakin' Eiffel Tower!!!

Once again... Outstanding job Duxxy!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Wow Duxxy, that's great! You're a very talented individual. Little Duxxy certainly appears to like her new room. She's a little cutie!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2521821;
    Thank you so much! The inspiration for the drawings were taken from the internet. I found what I was looking for and drew them by hand. My daughter wanted fashion, a poodle and the eiffel tower.
    The knobs on the dresser were my own design.
    I was very pleased that it turned out so well.

MRD we don't have a Tuesday Morning here.. or I would head right on over! When I first read your post I was thinking.. She was in where? tuesday morning?
    Oh man, that is a great store. Wonder if they are online?
    Have you checked out Michael's, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, etc.? I have also seen a limited supply of cute, French inspired stuff in those stores too.

Or, I could start a mail order business. Wonder how Tuesday Morning (yes its the name of the store and I don't know why. ) would feel about me taking digital pictures of their merchendise?

The French inspired stuff is very popular now, so I'm sure you can find a lot of accessories for it. Have you seen Birthday Express? They are online and they have a French birthday party. Maybe get some ideas or use some of their products. I bet you could decopage paper napkins on regular storage boxes for a cute look. Or postcards if you could find them. I bet you could even download those images and print them off your computer to decopage.
    I love decopage. It's so easy. But I'd check out the craft stores as I know I've seen a lot of cute French inspired stuff in those.

I love that look and if I wasn't overrun with Pink Flamingos, I would love to have a French look inspired room. Your daughter is one lucky girl.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Beautiful job on the screen, Dux. Did you by chance get the drawings from the Madeline books? (If not - if lil' Dux is into Paris, she would love that series.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

What a great job you did Dux! That dressing screen is gorgeous. I bet your daughter can't wait to show it to all her friends!!!

Wow, Dux, nice job! Tres chic, indeed!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member

Very nice job, Dux. Your daughter looks so happy!

Does this count? My flickr photostream where I upload pics taken with my Mamiya
    Flickr: Photos from androgynousectomorph

fredlun I was thinking about you when I resurrected this thread - this is the perfect place for you to post!

Thank you all for your kind words.

AJ the pics didn't come from Madeline and I wish I would have thought of that sooner because it would have fit in perfectly!

M is indeed happy with her room! The bedspread arrived today, it's white chenille. I washed it and put it on her bed. She wallked upstairs and said "oh wow! my bed looks like a birthday cake! I get to sleep under icing!"

Kiddo has also been told that this is the last makeover she gets until she's a teen. Even with doing everything I can myself and scouring eBay and discount stores (like Home Sense) for bargains this is still getting a little pricey!.

By the way, about Tuesday Morning--they do have a website, tuesdaymorning.com
    You can't order from there, as it is a closeouts only store, but you can locate a store closest to you; they are all over at least the eastern half of the US
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread