+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new ELPH

My new ELPH

I'm so excited...I just bought a new Canon Elph LT 270 35mm camera from Amazon. It's one of those APS cameras, that takes the 3 different-sized photos.

My old 35mm camera is a piece of crapola, so I picked this one out.

Anyone have a camera you love? What kind? And if you have an Elph, lemme know how you like it, so I can live vicariously through you for a few days.

I love to take pictures, and in fact once thought about experimenting with black & white nature photography as a hobby (my mom used to film lightning with an extremely expensive camera, that I could have gotten).

I love taking pictures, and at every type of get together, you'll find me snapping away. I use a Minolta Maxxum 3XI with the 35-80mm lens. And I just bought a 70-300mm lens. Pictures come out so clear. Wished I had time to experiment with black/white film, too.

Mine is listed in the best gifts thread
    It's a Nikon and I LOVE it
    My dad developed his own photo's when I was a kid. 90% of it was black and white. He experimented with color, but didn't like it as much.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

i have a little elph 2. takes the 3 different size pictures. it's so small that i can carry it in my purse or on my belt with no annoyance. and the pics are GREAT!!! it's also on the "best gifts" thread, as i got it for valentine's one year. i absolutely adore it.

JR.
    I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P50. It's a pretty cool little camera, even though I'm not much of a photographer.

I just got my new camera! It rocks! This thing is so tiny, yet feature-filled. The manual for it is gonna take a week to read!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I have an Elph as well, and love how light and compact it is. The format feature (normal, portrait, panorama) is very cool. However, I've become much more interested in digital cameras the last few years. Our old Kodak DC290 2.1mp came in VERY handy for emailing pictures of our son to my folks when they lived out of state. I prefer the instant gratification of digital - if I don't like a pic I can delete it and take another one - allowing me to refine the shot until I get it right. Plus, you can edit them on your computer and do all sorts of fun things; effects, cropping, etc.

Princess
    I'm a Dinosaur... I have an old Canonet 35mm since 20+ years, and I LOVE it!!! (Have been considering a digital one for a while, but every time I have decided to buy one, there is a newer and better and more expensive out there, so I seem to be stuck waiting forever...)

Princess
    PS: John - can you make a :dino figure??! (I could use that a lot!)

I'll look for one.

I decided not to get digital, because we like to have prints, and it's more of a pain with digital. At this connection speed (28.8k), I can't really be emailing pics all over, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast