+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm almost ashamed to admit...

I'm ashamed to admit, Miss F, that I don't snap my cd out quickly. I make all my friends and hubby listen to it as I sing along.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I am ashamed that I didn't go to college right out of high school
    Alley

I personally don't think that's something to be ashamed about, smiles. I have way too many friends that went into college right after high school because that was "expected" of them. They ended up either not putting their all into it or majored in something they didn't really care about. I believe people should figure out what they really want to do before spending a truck load of money on college.
    Who shot who in the what now?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I'm ashamed to admit that I'm attracted to Bill Clinton

SmilesForYou - Try not to be ashamed of that. You may have done other great stuff instead of college, but even if you didn't - you can always go back to school. I agree with Greenflute. If you aren't motivated or focused you will waste your money and time. Going back later with a good plan is a totally different experience, and more rewarding.

Originally posted by dvm
    I'm ashamed to admit that I'm attracted to Bill Clinton
    and well you should be! j/k

Just wanted to join the bandwagon here. I took a few years off after high school, and it was by FAR the best decision I've ever made. I ended up graduating with a GPA a full point higher than most of my friends, because of those few extra years of maturity.

My mom went to law school when she was close to 40. I had a guy in one of my philosophy courses who was (by his own admission) over 80. I think those people rock!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.

Re: I'm almost ashamed to admit...

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    I was thinking of things I've done in the past that are kind of embarrassing but funny now that I think about it... what things have you done that you are almost ashamed to admit?

For example...

I'm ashamed to admit that when I was 11, I got arrested for shoplifting, get this... a .25 candy bar.

I'm also ashamed to admit that my Dad while mowing the yard once, peeked in through the bathroom mirror and caught me posing, flexing my muscles, and saying to myself "massive muscles" in the mirror. To this day, he still has to tell this story to EVERY person I bring over for dinner with the family.
    Hazy,

You are truly hilarious! #1, that is definitely something worthy of shame! #2, you are so witty, I think that you should do some sitcom writing.

Fade to black
    Smiles,

I also didn't go to college until I was 28. It was the best thing I ever did, because I can assure you the maturity (no wisecracks from the peanut gallery) that I gained by working for 10 years helped me more than if I had gone to college straight out of high school. I doubt that I would have done nearly as well if I had not decided to join the Navy and see the world first before going to school (but I always knew I would go eventually).

Oh... and DVM thanks... you Boston peeps are pretty dang cool.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Regular
    I recently started watching Frasier and I like the actor who plays Nlies, David Hyde Pierce. I think he's cute in a quirky way. And Jack Nicholson, recently I've seen one of his movies for the first time and I like him too. It wouldn't be a problem if both of them weren't so much older than me! DHP could be my dad and JN could be my grandpa. Darn this age thing.

+ Reply to Thread