+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: OK, I admit it... I HATE

I hate this one radio commerical for comcast cable "dial up connection more annoying then being stuck in an eleavator or having the shower quit" Ummm no you stupid people, it's not.

since I'm also looking forward to my morning commute, I hate the trend in morning shows where the DJ's start what sounds like a normal conversation and then you realise it's just a sneaky commercial. Hate that, hate it hate it.

While I'm on a roll, I also hate waking up at 3:30am and not being able to get back to sleep.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'd like to add that I hate morning DJ's period. I have no idea if it's the time of day or what, but they seem to be much more obnoxious and annoying than any other time of day. Stop trying to be Howard Stern, you're not entertaining.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Even more than that, I hate how they ask me "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" right before they hang up. NO! You called me, ya morons! I've even told them that, but it never gets a rise out of them. Frickin' robot weirdos.
    Having come from a place where such things are scripted, they (and you) are monitored and get dinged for poor service if they don't ask you that. Better still phone the place and tell them you don't like the script , but prefer a human, free to speak as they wish.

Was there anything else I can help you with about evil phone people ?

I hate lame commercials .If you are going to interrupt my show, at least make it entertaining and not annoying.

I hate being in an elevator with a rat-nasty person who doesn't understand the meaning of soap and water making a lasting impression! :pond

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'll jump in with the hatred of the people that call you on the phone to sell you somethink or get ou to donate money. In Colorado, we have a "No call" list that is supposed to keep such annoying calls to a minimum. But some still get through.

The other day I got a call from the "Save the Children Foundation." I told the lady on the phone that we were on the the No Call list, and she with a bit of aggetation in her voice told me "We're exempt from that." I said "Oh, well I'm busy saving my own children, so I'm afraid I can't help you."

I don't like being rude to the people, but I've found that if I'm nice at all that they will continue to badger me with various rephrasings of their questions. It's SO annoying!

My job!!

Aaargh! *bangs head on keyboard*

eny
    FORT Fogey
    a secret trick that I use - say "don't call me" or just "goodbye" and just hang up the phone. THey are trained to answer any comeback you may have, so don't give them a chance.We are taught to be too polite. You don't owe the courtesy to have listen to them.

Weatherman are a weird bunch aren't they? I also hate hate hate when they are wrong.

As far as telemarketers go, I just hang up. I figure that's part of their job description. Me hanging up on them. (I really am a polite person though)
    Who shot who in the what now?

Y'know - I used to work part-time as both a survey interviewer AND a telemarketer. I'm not going to apologize for it; we're not the scum of the earth, meant to be scraped off of the bottom of your shoes - for the most part, we're college students trying to make ends meet.

Yes, it must be extremely irritating to be harassed over the phone like that (even though I've always considered myself a pretty moderate telemarketer), but keep in mind that we're human beings, as well. Next time you receive such a call, just say nicely (but firmly!), "No, thank you!", then hang up. Or say, "Please take me off your list, thank you", then hang up. Those two are the most effective methods, believe me. We'd have to log in your responses as either "refusal" or "request to be taken off list".

Please do not give in to your sadistic tendencies by playing mind-games with us (i.e. cleverly asking for our Visa card number to "charge" us for your precious time), swearing profusely at us (the lowest of the low :mad), making excessively rude/snide remarks (i.e. "Telemarketing is a federal offense here, lady! Call again and I'll sue you, mark my words!"), or hanging up the phone very, very quietly (my personal peeve - why not be straightforward about it? )

Why bother, when you can get rid of us more easily and efficiently with a simple refusal followed by hanging up the phone?
    Last edited by nausicaa; 09-08-2003 at 03:34 PM.

nausicaa, I see your point (and I don't really want to get into a debate, but just clear up my reasons). I used to be polite and wait for him/her to go through his/her whole spiel about whatever it was they were selling so I could say "No thank you". But instead I get a five minute monologue, while my dinner is burning, only to end with "so could you please verify your correct address and phone number so that I may process your request". Or once I even said, "I'm sorry I'm on the other line long distance" to which the caller replied "Oh yea? Who are you talking to?" off gaurd, I replied "My friend Jon. It's my birthday" The caller then explained "Oh well, I just want to make sure because you know sometimes people lie to get off the phone." What?! I'm allowed to give whatever reason I may choose (and it was an honest one at that.)

I am also extremely annoyed by the significantly long pause after I answer the phone and say "Hello?" only to get another person coming on ten seconds later saying "Hello? Hello?" It's them that has called me. Not me calling them.

I honestly hang up the second I hear the pause. I'm sorry if that doesn't make the other person feel good on the other end, but that's the job he/she chose. I was a college student once too, and I did not do a job like that because I didn't want to deal with those specific issues. It is not my responsibility to make the person on the other line feel good about their job if they are calling me during my dinner time to get me to order stuff I never order over the phone. I was in customer service for two years, and I know what good customer service is, and telemarketing is NOT it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread