+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I admit it... I HATE

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I think that people that suck at math do well in geometry, but people that are excellent at math suck at geometry. I was HORRIBLE in math, but I smoked geometry.
    Wayner, or should I say Josť, I never heard a better theory in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I think that people that suck at math do well in geometry, but people that are excellent at math suck at geometry. I was HORRIBLE in math, but I smoked geometry. And since there were three cheerleaders and Miss Teen Idaho in the class, it's not like there weren't any distractions. Maybe I was just trying to impress them.

Add me to the "I hate math" crowd.
    I have no issues with math, but i hate calculus....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought geometry and calculus were just sub-types of math. Y'know...variations upon the same theme. Unless, of course, you Americans do it differently.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I hate when people act like they are much smarter than they really are! It drives me crazy when these "smart" people incorrectly use large SAT vocab words in everday conversation.
    I also hate it when people try to convince other people they are smarter than they really are. (You can fool some of the people . . . ) I was under the impression (perhaps erroneously) that these boards were to be used as "sounding boards," if you will, and not research competitions. I, like some other posters, do still have some of my college (but not high school) texts, but I don't break them out when trying to make a simple point just to let others know I can use three words in a row beginning with the same letter, say, for example: "O". Yeah, I know that's illiteration. I did graduate and I am educated, but I am secure enough not to have to rub it in everyone's faces. Boy am I glad I found this board!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Sorry, I had to get it off my chest. It's been there all day and it was a real burden. If it doesn't apply to you, please ignore it. If it does apply to you, you will probably ignore it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Yeah, I know that's illiteration. I did graduate and I am educated, but I am secure enough not to have to rub it in everyone's faces.
    Um...is that a Freudian slip? (Don't know the correct term for it. ) JD's going to scorn me, I guess, now that I point out it's actually "alliteration".

(Sorry sorry sorry. It's the anal-retentive English major in me. )

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I hate:

Eggs
    Math...even though I took 3 semesters of Calculus when I was smoking crack and thought I was going to be a MD
    Eggplant
    scary laughs
    bugs
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I hate:

Eggs
    Math...even though I took 3 semesters of Calculus when I was smoking crack and thought I was going to be a MD
    Eggplant
    scary laughs
    bugs

I dislike so many things that sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me. I hate that.

I hate people who try to shove their beliefs down other people's throats. I don't care what you like or believe in. Just like it/believe in it. What do you care if my opinion differs?

I hate that I didn't take any history in college, and now I have to teach it to myself in an effort to stop being one pie piece short of every Trivial Pursuit win.

I hate that I wasted so much money on law school when I'm not going to be a lawyer.

I hate when people slam doors. A lot. I'm not talking about in the heat of anger, because, well, I do that. I'm talking about all the time. Just close it. You don't have to scare the hell out of me every time you leave your house. (I'm looking at you, upstairs neighbor guy.)

I hate that policy decisions about poor people are made by rich people who can't relate.

I hate the earwig that invaded my home a few weeks ago, and I hope he's burning in earwig hell.

I hate that I got up this early to take my boyfriend to the airport, and now I'm wide awake after only 3 hours of sleep. This basically ensures that around ten o'clock, someone will find me drooling on my desk.

I hate that it's going to be 95 degrees here today, with like 4000% humidity.

I hate that I have to stop now, because otherwise all you people are going to think I'm the crankiest thing this side of the Mississippi.

(On a positive note, I LOVE that when I spell "Mississippi", I still hear that song from childhood: "Mis-sis-sippI!!!!" But I hate that I don't know if any of you know what I'm talking about with that.)

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I hate that I have to stop now, because otherwise all you people are going to think I'm the crankiest thing this side of the Mississippi.
    Nah... 2nd crankiest.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread