+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

: I don't know where i have been but when it comes to social media..i am out of the league. I love my reality shows plus i have a teenage daughter already. She told me yesterday to get this "snapchat" account and i told her that i had one already...turns out what i meant was apparently "instagram".
    I can't deal, this is embarrasing but maybe i am not the only one here who has zero clues about this??? Well, at least i said it and i am laughing at myself now haha
    momrek06 likes this.

Re: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Daizy, I barely have a Facebook account, and that's only so I can read other Facebook accounts. I've heard of them, of course, but I have no idea what a snapchat or instagram account looks like. Read some tweets but never sent any. I Skype regularly but that's it. Still using a flip phone. No Apps in my life. I'd definitely be an embarrassment to a teenage child, LOL.
    momrek06 and inthegarden like this.

You are not alone, Daizy! I don't even have a Facebook account! And that's the way I like it!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

I have Facebook and that is all.

Well wait, my son set me up on Instagram about 4 years ago and I uploaded a few pics back then and that was IT.

No Snapchat, no Twitter .... to overwhelming for me.

I love places like THIS, FoRT ....
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

I have no desire to be involved in that stuff. I don't have a smart phone, so that's part of it, but I waste enough time on Facebook and Reddit. I also think those apps that make you look like you have a dog's face, etc. are stupid. just my view. My sister thinks they're hysterical.
    causingchaos and Cornholio like this.
    Count your blessings!

I have my real life facebook and my mostly anonymous twitter to do some book club stuff and that's it. I have zero desire to snap chat or instagram.

I'm concerned about the trend towards an actual need for a smart phone. For instance, I can't (pretty sure) call up an Uber ride should I need a ride home from a medical appointment, like a cataract surgery. I can't (pretty sure) check my social security account online any more without it.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I love my FB (except during election time). And FoRT and my other reality board friends. I have a Twitter account, but never look at it.
    momrek06 and causingchaos like this.
    I'm Paula.

I rarely post to Facebook, but love it for keeping up with friends and acquaintances. I've had a Twitter account for years, but haven't posted to it in years. Mostly I read it to keep up with Reality Celebs and sites like Big Brother. I just got an Instagram where I've never posted because I don't take pictures, but I love seeing my honorary niece's family. I guess I'm partially connected, but not actively connected.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I'm concerned about the trend towards an actual need for a smart phone. For instance, I can't (pretty sure) call up an Uber ride should I need a ride home from a medical appointment, like a cataract surgery. I can't (pretty sure) check my social security account online any more without it.
    I think you can do social security online still. I've had to do that off/on for clients etc. I don't like the move toward smart phone either. There are huge swaths of the country that don't have access to any cell phone coverage.
    pikachu, Brooks and momrek06 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast