+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Re: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daizy Johns View Post
    How wonderful it is to discover that i am not the only "grandmother" here. Haha
    Well, given that i was tired of being ridiculed. I put in more efforts to actually try and learn the difference. I came across this summary which i think tends to basically explain that Instagram has an emphasis on Photo or Video, while Snapchat puts more emphasis on chatting/messaging. You could eventually comment or send a message in Instagram but it's not its primary feature and You could eventually choose to send picture with Snapchat but in this case it has different Use Case.
    Goodness gracious, this took like a whole week to finally understand..or well sought of get there. I guess we are never too old to learn!
    Even though I have both apps, and the article explained things fine, it's still confusing to me! I "get" Instagram well enough even though I only browse it, but Snapchat is beyond me. I can't figure out how to do anything on it! I remember reading something once that said Snapchat is like that intentionally, so the users actually interact by teaching each other about the features and encouraging the social part of social networking. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I do know I wouldn't be able to Snap anybody without someone helping me!! Then again, it's not for me, as the article stated the younger people are really the ones into it. I have a lot of friends who use Instagram to share pictures of their kids, etc., but for that I don't understand the difference between it and Facebook - why not post the pictures on FB? Actually, some do post to both, so I don't understand why they'd need to have Instagram.

I'm happy with my Facebook and my Twitter. Twitter is great for up to the minute news and updates, and it's fun - there are so many humorous people on it, and it's also a way to connect with others who have similar interests. I find out more about what's going on through Twitter than anywhere else. News updates, events, etc. It can be fun to use while watching a TV show too, such as 48 Hours, to see what everyone else thinks/who did it, etc., so you just click the hashtag/show, and you get anything anyone has said about it. I love it!

Re: the garage door openers, I've heard that they can be easily broken into too. Not that its happened to me, but I have heard that it happens. My worry with them stems from the time I was watching my toddler nephew, and took him and the dog for a walk. I didn't have a key to my sister's house, and always used the garage code when I babysat. Well, when we got back (diaper needed changing, tired, crabby, thirsty boy and dog), the door wouldn't open. I was trying and trying, when the neighbor must have noticed and came out, telling me the power was out. There I was, stuck in the driveway, without even my car keys to go anywhere! We could not get into the house, and it was such a panic that I made her make me a key -- even though they never used one, ever. They still don't.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Trolling is attacking someone over and over again on a personal level-mostly done when posting about politics on the web. Or repeatedly telling someone their facts/beliefs/feelings are not valid. That you Are morally superior. Demeaning people by making snide comments about them, their viewpoints and feelings. The intent is always to diminish them.
    Purposely belittling someone on line because it makes you feel superior to them. The intent is to embarrass them in public , hurt them in public-with the hope that others pig pile on them.
    Behaving in a way you would not behave if you were talking to the person face to face.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345