+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Re: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

I'm just saying in my experience on the law breaking end of things those were great big signs. You have to also consider neighborhood, how many houses have that or easier access or whatever too. You might not have had thefts but I've known of numerous burglaries from the other side of things that happened solely because of that. Attached garages were a jack pot. Once you get in you can pull a vehicle in the garage usually and just fill it up and drive off. take your sweet time in the house. Not many people will ever be the victim of a burglary. But coming from my past, I'm not putting stuff up that made a house a target for the folks I was involved.
    momrek06 likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Speaking of embarrassing... could any of you explain to me what it means "to troll" someone? I hear it so often now.

The caption was "Did [the] Queen use her hat to troll Brexit?" The Queen's hat has a striking similarity to the EU flag and theories fly on Twitter - CNN.com
    Definition of trolling: "make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Definition of trolling: "make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."
    Oh wow........ugh.
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

But sometimes, innocent comments can be misconstrued. I was once on the IMDB discussion board for the movie "Cloud Atlas." I simply said, "I didn't understand one thing that was happening from the beginning of the movie, and we left after 20 minutes to go to a movie that made sense to us." Someone jumped all over me for trolling. At that point, I didn't know what trolling was. LOL. I just didn't "get" the movie.

"Trolling" happens a lot on our Alaskan Bush People NON-fan page on Facebook. People come on and say how much they LOVE the show, and how they wish they could move to Browntown. Some people are stupid enough to actually believe the Browns LIVE in Alaska. Others just want to rile up our page followers.
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

The queen wore a hat with "stars" that some felt were evocative of the stars on the Euro flag. I think it was a stretch. But she did, as is usual at the opening of Parliament, list a number of expected visits of foreign leaders or dignitaries and she did not mention any visit from trump in the offing.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    The queen wore a hat with "stars" that some felt were evocative of the stars on the Euro flag. I think it was a stretch. But she did, as is usual at the opening of Parliament, list a number of expected visits of foreign leaders or dignitaries and she did not mention any visit from trump in the offing.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Punkin, I heard he was Uninvited.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

So is it common for someone to stretch a post, or a picture in this case, and accuse another of trolling when indeed they are not? And what is the intent, if so?

In the case of the Queen, I don't think that it even kinda sorta looks like the Euro flag!
    momrek06 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Like I said, I thought it was a pretty big stretch! But I think "trolling" the Queen is a sport of sorts for some in Britain.
    momrek06 and Baby's Breath like this.
    Lynda

Most have the apps that can be used for both - check iTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It's not that I don't like the features on smart phones. I just don't like the price on them! Plus it's going to take me a long time to get used to using one. My friends have had smart phones forever so they'll often hand me their phone when they want to show me pictures or if I want to look something up online and while it's no problem for them, I struggle over doing even basic stuff. I wish I could use the same apps on my laptop since I already own that and know how to use it.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Daizy, I barely have a Facebook account, and that's only so I can read other Facebook accounts. I've heard of them, of course, but I have no idea what a snapchat or instagram account looks like. Read some tweets but never sent any. I Skype regularly but that's it. Still using a flip phone. No Apps in my life. I'd definitely be an embarrassment to a teenage child, LOL.
    How wonderful it is to discover that i am not the only "grandmother" here. Haha
    Well, given that i was tired of being ridiculed. I put in more efforts to actually try and learn the difference. I came across this summary which i think tends to basically explain that Instagram has an emphasis on Photo or Video, while Snapchat puts more emphasis on chatting/messaging. You could eventually comment or send a message in Instagram but it's not its primary feature and You could eventually choose to send picture with Snapchat but in this case it has different Use Case.
    Goodness gracious, this took like a whole week to finally understand..or well sought of get there. I guess we are never too old to learn!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast