+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Re: Embarrasing!!!- Am old..I thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I think you can do social security online still.
    You're right, thanks, I just checked. There's another layer of security but I can still get in.
    causingchaos likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate that we're being forced to move to smart phones! I've been resisting getting one but more and more I feel the pressure to get one because so many apps and services aren't available to you unless you have one.

I haven't ever gotten into Snapchat, Instagram, Foursquare, etc, etc. To me, they're all the same. I just have Facebook and Twitter and that's enough for me.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate that we're being forced to move to smart phones! I've been resisting getting one but more and more I feel the pressure to get one because so many apps and services aren't available to you unless you have one.
    Oh but smart phones do make life easier.

Like right now, I am sitting here at my computer and I wanted to lower the a/c, just take my iphone and on the Honeywell app I lowered the air.

I don't have to go upstairs to the actual thermostat and manually do it.

AND the best part is when we travel, its nice when we land to either put the air on to a comfy level for our return or heat prior to walking in the door.

Its the little things.

I mean there are a million things smart phones can do for you, I was just citing one because I just did it now using the "Honeywell" app.
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

I was excited to hook mine up to my garage door because I'm always forgetting to close it except in the process my buttons in the car got unlinked with the opener. It's such an epic pain in the butt now to open the app on the way home and open the garage door and close it the same way when I leave. And I live rurally so my internet (which this system runs on) is shaky at times... I put a house key in my car now so I don't have to turn off my car to go in the house to use the house button when the internet is down and the phone can't open the door.

My dad has very poor manual dexterity. touch screen systems including phones are very difficult for him to use as a result. My mom, with her blindness, does ok but it's not easy for her either. Some tactile buttons would be much easier for her but it's tough to find phones with any tactile buttons anymore. I've seen other disabled people's lives enhanced and hindered by technology.

I don't know. I like options. I don't keep a lot of apps on my phone. It's not much of a tool for me because for it's almost always more hassle to use the app than to do whatever I'm trying to do the old way.
    momrek06 likes this.

I was excited to hook mine up to my garage door because I'm always forgetting to close it except in the process my buttons in the car got unlinked with the opener. It's such an epic pain in the butt now to open the app on the way home and open the garage door and close it the same way when I leave. And I live rurally so my internet (which this system runs on) is shaky at times... I put a house key in my car now so I don't have to turn off my car to go in the house to use the house button when the internet is down and the phone can't open the door.

My dad has very poor manual dexterity. touch screen systems including phones are very difficult for him to use as a result. My mom, with her blindness, does ok but it's not easy for her either. Some tactile buttons would be much easier for her but it's tough to find phones with any tactile buttons anymore. I've seen other disabled people's lives enhanced and hindered by technology.

I don't know. I like options. I don't keep a lot of apps on my phone. It's not much of a tool for me because for it's almost always more hassle to use the app than to do whatever I'm trying to do the old way.
    WAIT WAIT WAIT ..... I can HOOK my garage door up to an APP????

Do tell, CC, do tell!!!!!

AND GREAT idea on a SPARE house key in the CAR!!! (Making spares tomorrow)!!! TY TY TY
    KAREN

I would give anything to undo this awful mistake with the garage door opener. I don't want a house key in my car. I want my door to open. I had a contractor put in my garage door this spring and he put in some contractor series garage door opener. LiftMaster I think. He mentioned in passing it had this option but it wasn't a selling point for me.

I would give anything to undo this awful mistake with the garage door opener. I don't want a house key in my car. I want my door to open. I had a contractor put in my garage door this spring and he put in some contractor series garage door opener. LiftMaster I think. He mentioned in passing it had this option but it wasn't a selling point for me.
    Can't you BYPASS the app when its not working and just use a standard garage door opener remote???

See, I have the OUTSIDE KEY PAD with my electric garage door (just put a 4 digit pin in it and it opens) but times I would love to just run back in the front door. Hence, wanting the extra key!!!

YES, I have LIFTMASTER. I need to tell hubby about this app.
    KAREN

Nope. My standard remotes ceased to work when I set up the app. There is a small chance I can get everything working again but I'm skeptical about it and it's gong to take multiple people to do it. I literally have to go into the house, use the house button to open and close the door if the internet is down. I don't use outside keypads. In my shiftier days I found I had great success accessing garages with those so the button to open the garage is in the house. Starting the car backing out, shutting off the car running inside to close the door and then back out to start teh car again is so obnoxious I can't even.

I'd rather just use the standard opener and have the app for times I don't remember if the door is down like when I'm at work. But nope I have to dork around and open the app, hope it loads, hope my internet is working and then I can touch it to open the door. Same with closing when I leave. I have to back out, open the app and go through all that.

Nope. My standard remotes ceased to work when I set up the app. There is a small chance I can get everything working again but I'm skeptical about it and it's gong to take multiple people to do it. I literally have to go into the house, use the house button to open and close the door if the internet is down. I don't use outside keypads. In my shiftier days I found I had great success accessing garages with those so the button to open the garage is in the house. Starting the car backing out, shutting off the car running inside to close the door and then back out to start teh car again is so obnoxious I can't even.

I'd rather just use the standard opener and have the app for times I don't remember if the door is down like when I'm at work. But nope I have to dork around and open the app, hope it loads, hope my internet is working and then I can touch it to open the door. Same with closing when I leave. I have to back out, open the app and go through all that.
    Oh that is a total bummer.
    KAREN

"Shiftier days"! I want to hear all about it, chaos!
    Brooks likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast