+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JosephD
  • 2 Post By Miss Scarlet
  • 2 Post By AZChristian

Thread: Cell Phone Issues

  1. #1
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,520

    Cell Phone Issues

    I've been looking all over FORT to see if this topic was anywhere, but I've been unable to find anything. I figured maybe someone else had questions/issues with cell phones that we could solve. So I started this thread.

    My issue:
    My cell phone case wore out. The faceplate wouldn't snap on anymore, or stay on in any manner. I doubt I'll be getting a new phone for a while, so I went on Amazon & ordered 2 new cases. They came today.

    Along with the cases I got some little pry tool, a Stylus, a Screen Protector, and an "Extreme Band". I put the Protector & the Case on & all's well. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the Extreme Band is.
    It's a little strip of Velcro. Just under 4" long & 3/4" wide. It apparently goes in a circle.
    It's way too short for a wrist band, even for my scrawny wrists, and not nearly long enough to circle the phone.

    I did a search online for How To Use a Extreme Band For Cell Phones. Nothing. I worded it differently about 4-5 times, but still nothing.
    After looking at the Packing Slip in with the cases, I noticed that the company it came from is Extremecases. That could account for the Extreme part, but no further information.

    Anyhow, does anyone know what the heck these things are for? And how/why to use one?
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

  2. #2
    O.Snap! JosephD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,746

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've been looking all over FORT to see if this topic was anywhere, but I've been unable to find anything. I figured maybe someone else had questions/issues with cell phones that we could solve. So I started this thread.

    My issue:
    My cell phone case wore out. The faceplate wouldn't snap on anymore, or stay on in any manner. I doubt I'll be getting a new phone for a while, so I went on Amazon & ordered 2 new cases. They came today.

    Along with the cases I got some little pry tool, a Stylus, a Screen Protector, and an "Extreme Band". I put the Protector & the Case on & all's well. But I can't for the life of me figure out what the Extreme Band is.
    It's a little strip of Velcro. Just under 4" long & 3/4" wide. It apparently goes in a circle.
    It's way too short for a wrist band, even for my scrawny wrists, and not nearly long enough to circle the phone.

    I did a search online for How To Use a Extreme Band For Cell Phones. Nothing. I worded it differently about 4-5 times, but still nothing.
    After looking at the Packing Slip in with the cases, I noticed that the company it came from is Extremecases. That could account for the Extreme part, but no further information.

    Anyhow, does anyone know what the heck these things are for? And how/why to use one?
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    Thank you.
    Nice. Could be handy. The case is very slippery. But the back is totally smooth. No place or way at all to attach the thing.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

  4. #4
    FoRTer coltnlasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,163

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    Could you use it to bundle cords (like a reusable tie - if you wrap it around, will it hold to itself)?
    your path is beautiful and crooked and just as it should be

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    Could you use it to bundle cords (like a reusable tie - if you wrap it around, will it hold to itself)?
    Yes, that would work. In fact, it would be quite handy for that. I kind of like that little holding strap though, if I could only figure out how to attach it.
    If not, cord bundler it is.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

  6. #6
    Lab Eating Man agamergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Land of corn
    Posts
    1,354

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    This says it comes with a strong adhesive. Is there anything to peel away from it?
    https://www.amazon.com/Gostrap-Multi-Task-Valuable-Comfortable-Accessory/dp/B0112W2PU2
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

  7. #7
    Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,459

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    Normally, stuff like that comes with plastic covering the adhesive side. You peel off the plastic and place the adhesive EXACTLY where you want it (no "do-overs").
    I'm Paula.

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    This says it comes with a strong adhesive. Is there anything to peel away from it?
    https://www.amazon.com/Gostrap-Multi-Task-Valuable-Comfortable-Accessory/dp/B0112W2PU2
    Apparently that isn't it. Looking at the magnified picture it has a hard base to stick on your phone. This doesn't. It's strictly a very flexible Velcro strip. Nothing to peel away or stay put. I suppose I could Super Glue the back of it to the back of the phone, but even then, it would be very awkward & unattractive. Not like the thing in the picture.

    I guess Cord Holder Strap it is. It will work quite nicely for that.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    I recently posted in another thread about the "one ring" or "straight to voicemail" calls I've been getting on my cell phone.
    Well, today I was reading an article on scams & one of them was:
    One ring
    Ever rush to answer your phone, only to realize the caller hung up after one ring? Don’t let the curiosity get the best of you and call back, even if the number looks familiar. Robo calls can spoof local area codes or names of specific banks and other organizations. Calling back verifies your number belongs to a real person, plus shows you’re the type of person who will return a call from an unknown number, says Velasquez. Now you’re at risk for scammers to call back another time, she says. Even if a real person does answer, keep your wits about you, says Sileo. 'What they’ve done is reversed the trust principle,' he says. 'When they’re calling you, you have that natural inclination not to trust. When you’re calling them, you’re taking action.' You forget why you called in the first place, so you're more likely to fall for scam questions asking for information or money, he says. (Learn more ways con artists win your trust.) And that call back could cost you, even if they don’t ask for anything. You might be calling a 900 number—often a sex line—that could charge you $17 for the first minute and $9 more per minute after that, says Levin. Let any unknown number go straight to voicemail, he says. If it’s important, the caller will leave a message.


    Well, for anyone else who's getting these, here's our answer.
    I guess I'll just chuck my curiosity out the window from now on.
    Arielflies and AZChristian like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

  10. #10
    Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,459

    Re: Cell Phone Issues

    Another thing . . . which can include cell phones AND land lines . . . Let's say there's a delay between when you say Hello and when someone responds. And the person "responding" is a sweet-voiced young lady ("Oh, hi, this is Emily"). She'll say something like, 'I'm sorry . . . I was having some problems with my headset. Can you hear me okay now?" DO NOT RESPOND "YES." This is a scam, and they just want your voice saying "yes" . . . hopefully to be able to use it with some sort of voice-activated opportunity to steal your identity. If it happens, say "NO" loud and clear. The call will immediately end.

    I often wish that the people who come up with these scams would use their considerable intellect to do something useful.
    Punkin and Miss Scarlet like this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.