+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9/9 Show Discussion Thread

I haven't posted on this show yet, but here are some comments.

I love the window into another world of watching those British kids. What the heck is a Mickey -- would someone please explain that slang they were throwing around?

Their school uniforms are so very cool. If I were flat-chested, I'd wear one!

The Brits obviously don't define "arrogant" they same way we do. They accused their whipping boy Josh of being "arrogant" because he wasn't fitting into the mold they were trying to force him into. I thought the rest of the class were the arrogant ones in their sense of superiority and general toe-our-line attitude!
    I also thought when they labeled Gene as arrogant, we might have used words like "cocky" or "saucy," which isn't what we think of when we say "arrogant."

Those kids were so much better educated than the average American, and so articulate! Even when Josh was fumbling for words, he was more well-spoken than most Americans, adults included. He is so charming. Gene was right-on in recognizing "The Emperor" as an innate Rocker and the clear choice for lead singer.

I thought it was so sweet to see his mom hug him after the concert. And so sweet when he expressed his hopes that being chosen would make him not an outcast, but sad to realize they were still going to try and outcast him. Even the school principal or whoever she is said she worried about how he'd take it when things went back to "normal," as if for her it was OK if "normal" meant they would go back to scorning Josh.

Dudders is charming too, in all the more obvious ways, even if he does look like Jamie Oliver's younger clone ("The Naked Chef"). I could see him and the Emperor both turning into actual rockers (although not in the same type of band).

Gene's house is beautiful. He has a lot more taste than a lot of those richie-riches.

Lastly, did you see Kellie Osborne on the red carpet in the American Music Awards segment? Was she preggers or just really fat in the belly?

9/9 Show Discussion Thread

Discuss last Friday's show here.

The Emperor is a natural. I love him. I hated Rodney for shrieking at him and trying to bully him. He probably feels threatened because Josh lets his freak flag fly and Rods is still in the closet.

The shy girl who sang in the band looked like a totally different person. Amzing what hair and makeup will do.

Gene is old enough to be those kids' father. It was weird seeing him hug the girls and thinking in 10 years he could be "dating" them.

It was funny how they had to keep subtitling the kids. "Two nations divided by a single language," lol

Overall, it was a satisfying finale.

+ Reply to Thread