+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gene Simmons

I really enjoy this show. I also think he's doing a really good job with the kids.

As far as the sleeping with all those women, growing up in the 60's and early 70's, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm sure quite a few of the old rock stars slept with quite a few also.

I do think the kids should realize though, that not only rock and rollers make that claim. I seem to recall one or two big time basketball players making the same claim. I want say Magic Johnson was one of them (can't remember the other one). Unfortunately for Magic, he paid the highest price.

I think the kids at that school should be aware that Rock and Roll doesn't automatically mean sex and drugs, because if you believe that, then you have to include many other groups. Including Sports and show biz personalities.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    I do think the kids should realize though, that not only rock and rollers make that claim. I seem to recall one or two big time basketball players making the same claim. I want say Magic Johnson was one of them (can't remember the other one). Unfortunately for Magic, he paid the highest price.
    I think the basketball player you are referring to is Wilt Chamberlain.

I've only caught bits and pieces of this show (I never can remember when it comes on) but tonight, since I was up to catch RS:INXS, I decided to watch Rock School. I loved it...I'm a HUGE fan of Gene Simmons (and KISS) and I loved watching him interact with the kids and the headmaster was a hoot! Man oh man what I would have given for Gene Simmons to come to my school and me try to be in a band (and I can't play any damn instrument or sing worth a sh*t but I would've faked it just so I could've been around him!). I've always loved his attitude and cockiness and of course that tongue....oh lordy lordy lordy! I remember one time the members of KISS were on Oprah and she asked Gene how long his tongue was and he said long enough to make me and you really close friends and I remember even Oprah was blushing! I loved it!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Toasteroven1973
    Any rockstar could sleep with 1000 women. There are that many groupies throwing themselves at you. To actually do it is pathectic not to mention super un-safe.

I'm with you on that one! My thought is also... if he were not a rock star, he may of had more like 5, or 6 women in his bed... IF he was lucky, and they were LOADED. LOL

As If!

Quote Originally Posted by firepixie
    gene may be an arrogant pig but he's an extremely effective teacher. emperor is a god unleashed. and this is my new favorite reality tv show. rock and roll!!!!!
    Extremely effective say you? Please, anyone with musical knowledge could teach those adorable little british children. Gimme a break. Frankly.... I think Sir Elton John himself could do a far better job. Oh, and the bonus would be that people would actually WANT to listen to them play!

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    Let's teach some AMERICAN kids next time around. Gene could help expose kids on this side of the pond to rock n roll and that it's okay for them to like other forms of music besides all of the rap crap they listen to. God knows how much I detest the trite shiet that gets played on MTV and the radio. More rock, less crap!!!
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12