+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Show Synopsis

Show Synopsis

From the official site:

In Gene Simmons' Rock School, the fire-breathing, blood-spitting bassist of Kiss tries to turn a classroom full of prim and proper British prep-schoolers into a hot and heavy rock and roll band. Gene is invited to Christ's Hospital, a 450 year-old boarding school outside London. There, the students wear uniforms, march in procession, and study classical music.

In just six weeks, Gene's monumental task is to transform a class of classically trained thirteen year-olds into guitar-strumming, head banging rock gods.

We follow their rollercoaster journey from the tears of joy and disappointment of the auditions, to the pressures of writing and recording a song, to the final exam - a debut gig opening for the heavy metal legends, Motorhead, in front of a crowd of 5000 fans.

The pupils must learn fast, because they are on trial with Gene every step of the way. Can they learn how to rock? Are they good enough to play in a band? And can they handle the pressures of playing in front of unforgiving metalheads?

The pressure is on Gene too. Will this hard partying rocker adjust to the early-to-bed tranquillity of the British countryside? Will he be able to win-over his straight-laced students, who disapprove of his hedonistic ways? Will he be able to convince the school principal that he actually knows what he's doing?

There are plenty of inspiring moments along the way in this heartfelt series, as Gene inspires his students to buck the establishment to pursue their musical dreams and their inner rock gods.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think this is one of the more unique plots to a reality show I have yet seen.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It has potential. But Vh1's going to have to be careful, as they have a tendency to screw shows up. But I still like the idea.

FORT Fanatic
    Gene Simmons is a pig from a crappy band that was viewed as a joke by everyone except 14-yr-old boys! The idea that he's being put forth as a rock authority is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I think this is one of the more unique plots to a reality show I have yet seen.
    Maybe unique for a reality show -- although wasn't Simmons behind Mr. Romance, which also had a school format? -- but a total ripoff of the movie School of Rock. I wonder if they had to pay some sort of fee to adapt the intellectual property to a new medium?

I'd like it if it weren't hosted by Gene Simmons. Ewww, ewww, ewww. That guy squicks me out.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

"Swicks," heh.

I liked him as a guest judge on American Idol, but he was creepy on The Apprentice.

Fort Member
    Not sure why but we actually got to see this before you guys. It started here on Wednesday 17th. I am really amazed as we are usually at least a week behind everything. I had a look at it and its ok. Didnt think I would like it not being much of a Gene fan but its not bad. The kids are great, one in particular is quite funny. Much more enjoyable than I thought. Gene over acts his way through the whole thing but the kids had no idea who he was making it all the more interesting.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. Not because of Gene, I've never cared for him at all, but because of the kids. As mentioned above, I think the kids will be hysterical and be the whole show.

I love the way this show is being edited so far. It is a FAR cry better than the lame duck Tommy Lee show it follows. The kids are so.... British.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

+ Reply to Thread