+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: GAME: The person below me...

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    No way. I'm really scared of heights. But I really like those rides that go really fast and spin you around.

TPBM can memorize things quickly and retain it.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Not really, I remember things that people say so I could almost quote a lecture verbatum. It was really helpful since I am bad at note taking.

TPBM has never been lost.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Many times!! But I'm not lost now so somehow I must have found my way home!

TPBM enjoys reading maps.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Well, I like to, but not really "enjoys" it...

TPBM dislikes boybands.

A little. I'll feel it more once the trees start to get the buds here.

TPBM will participate in a yard sale this year.

Probably not . . . . I've been depending on ebay more and more to sell things.

TPBM has either bought or sold something on ebay before.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Never, but I looked on E-bay a while back.
    TPBM could tell me how E-bay works so I could tell a friend about it.

Ebay is wonderful! When you list something, you can either set a Reserve Price - an amount that must be met for the item to be sold (if the bidding is less than this amount you are under no obligation to sell it for the bid price), or you can just do an open bid - you don't set a price and the highest bid - whatever the amount - wins the auction. The buyer pays for all of the shipping, so the only costs you, the seller, incur are the listing costs, which - depending on how much you customize your listing - can range anywhere from 30 cents - a few dollars. You can also set the amount of time you want your auction to last - 1, 3, 5, 7, or 10 days. It is really quite addictive once you get started, and quite fun, too!

TPBM likes to find extra ways to make money.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

That only happened when I used to have two jobs. I was told that E-bay gets a fee from the seller. Is it a flat rate or a percentage of what was sold?

TPBM has made money on E-bay.

That's true - I forgot about that fee, but it is minimal - only 5% of what the final selling price was. So, if you sold something for $20, the fee would be $1. Still, not bad. We really have made quite a bit of extra money on the items that we have sold. One time we had a waveless waterbed mattress that we literally tried to GIVE away to some people. No one wanted it, and we were about to just throw it away when Mr. Chrelsey decided to see what luck it would have on Ebay. It sold for over $40!! After the insertion fee and the final fee, we still ended up making about $35 - and we were going to just throw it away!!!!

TPBM likes to go to garage sales.

+ Reply to Thread