+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: GAME: The person below me...

I'm chewing a tunafish sandwich as we "talk".

TPBM has a short Chrismas shopping list of people to buy for.

It's not too bad, I guess. Could be longer.

TPBM doesn't wait until the last minute to buy gifts.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

True, I did that one time and it was stressful and depressing. I won't do that again.

TPBM asks people what they want for Christmas in order to get ideas.

My kids were istructed to turn in their "wish lists" yesterday! I got two out of four lists!

TPBM likes to surprise people with special, well-thought-out gifts.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    TPBM likes to surprise people with special, well-thought-out gifts.
    That is SO correct. I never ask people what they want for Christmas or their birthday. I hate it when there are no suprises with gifts and that seems to be so prevelant these days. Plus I would never buy someone close to me a "Gift Certificate". I just pay close attention to things I can tell they like, things they do and say that give off subconsious hints and that I know will be a surprise and special to them and get something in the same vein.

TPBM hates getting gift certificates for a gift (except from a co-worker in a grab bag or something) and prefers well thought out surprise gifts. Especially from that "special someone".

I've only gotten gift certificates at work. It was for any store, movie or restaurant in the local mall, so it wasn't bad.

What will TPBM be doing on Thanksgiving Day?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I'll be at my gram's house with the rest of my huge family. Everyone brings something so gram doesn't have to cook anymore. Then it's off to the in-laws.

TPBM is having Thanksgiving dinner at their house.

I go to my parents (the original nest )every year with only a few exceptions.

TPBM does not think Clay and Ruben's duet song was a bad choice.

Don't know yet. This is the first Thanksgiving since my dad passed away, and my mom doesn't want to have it at her house, nor does she want to come to my house for it. Says she just wants to be alone. I'm clueless - not only whether to respect her wishes about being left alone - but also as to what my plans will be now!

TPBM is making a pie for Thanksgiving.

Only if all the bakerys go out of business! (My oven has issues). If I may make a quick suggestion, if your Mom doesn't live too far from you, why not go to pick her up. If she doesn't leave with you then you can leave her a dessert of something. You never know what seeing you might do for her. Even if she cries, at least that will be a relief or she just might go with you. If she stays home, she will remember the effort you made.

TPBM will visit the Thanksgiving FORT dinner under the General Discussion Forum

+ Reply to Thread