+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quiz: What's Your Sense of Humor?

FORT Fogey

Quiz: What's Your Sense of Humor?

Take the test at:

http://www.emode.com/tests/humor/

Apparently, I'm Goofy Humor, which isn't me at all, because most of my humor is sarcastic:

Goofy Humor

You have your standards: They may be low, but at least you have them. Sure, subtle wit makes some people grin and say, "Now that's funny." But you know the Three Stooges makes people howl with laughter. It's the physical stuff, the poop jokes and funny voices, that get you going because you have a goofy sense of humor. You have no problem making a fool of yourself as long as your moves to "fake" a fall break the ice and make people feel comfortable.

Wit, sarcasm, and satire can get lost in the translation, but a whoopee cushion is universal. Yes, it may be lowbrow heck, it may even be nobrow, but getting laughs is what matters to you. From ye old court jesters to the kids of South Park, you and your goofy sense of humor are in good company.

I'm also goofy humor.

Wit

You put the pun in punch line and you're probably always listening for the next play on words because you have a witty sense of humor. With your finger on the pulse of what's happening, your mind never stops thinking of the next clever line.

You're an entertainer at heart and you try to keep your material as fresh as possible. There's nothing better than a little observational humor (unless someone else thinks of it first). The only problem with telling a good story is that it inevitably reminds another person of a dull one. Thank you folks, you've been great, good night.

Oh yeah...this is me.
    Sarcasm

Oh yeah, you're really funny. (Actually you are, but you're so sarcastic that it's hard to tell when you're joking.) You mean what you say, but almost never say exactly what you mean. In fact you usually say the exact opposite. For instance, if your friend is wearing an ugly watch, you might tell them, "I wanted a watch like that once, but I got the wrong Happy Meal." Yep, there's a slight edge to your humor, but all you are really doing is telling it like it is, only like it's not.

Whether you're roasting a friend or playing social critic, your deadpan delivery and dry cynicism go a long way to expressing your true feelings...and making people laugh along the way.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Wow this surprised me! I don't think I'm usually this, but who konws!

Dark Humor

There are some things some people don't even talk about. But you somehow manage to make jokes about them. Your humor type is dark and you never met a topic that was too sacred. It's not that you're twisted (well, maybe a little); you just believe that laughter is the universal healer. There's always room to lighten the mood.

From broken hearts to broken limbs to death itself, you are willing to go where few others dare to venture. Whether you're watching Evil Dead 2 for the 58th time or whipping out another one of your morgue jokes, it's always refreshing for others to catch a glimpse through your cracked lens.
    Who shot who in the what now?

My humor is quick and metaphoric, some people don't seem to catch on to it right away, but those who know me well get it on que. Alot of co-workers say I talk in a funny circle.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Greenflute I think I have Dark humor also, I'll joke about any circumstance to put a lighter note on a situation. DARK HUMOR RULES!!!!!!
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    quinn, your sense of humor is Sarcasm

like i didn't know that was coming!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Yeah, I guess they're right - more or less, anyway.

Satire

If there's one thing you're positive about it's that life is absurd. That's why your sense of humor centers around satire and farce. From social to political to religious, you see all of humanity's institutions as all too serious and totally hilarious because of it.

Here's a new one. I'm:

Banter

Like a king of pinball, you've made an art of playing off of people because your sense of humor is all about banter. Like many great comedians before you, a roundtable of friends, or a roomful of targets, is the catalyst for what makes you laugh. It brings out the wit and sometimes the nitwit in everyone.

It's quantity, not quality that matters as you and your friends alternate outbursts like the riffs of a hit single. Here's the bottom line: You're a social creature. Other people's inside jokes even strike you as funny. You manage to gravitate toward people who can appreciate a tall tale and you've probably never hesitated to fire off a zinger even in a roomful of strangers. So keep it up with your bantering methods. Laughter, after all, keeps the world going 'round.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast