+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tell Me Why

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Tell Me Why

In this game, you post a question and the next person to post comments on your post and then posts their own question.

Why is it that I can have my back door open for a few hours, notice both cats are in the house, close the door, and then both cats get up and stand in front of the door wanting to go out?
    lopevian likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Re: Tell Me Why

Great new thread, pikachu!

Cats are wonderful and very smart. They have a mind of their own and usually we are here to serve them, right? Amazing companions!

Why is it that any line I get into at the store is always the slowest moving?
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think it's all about perception. We never take note of when we happen to get in the fast-moving line or when there's no line and we get to go right to the checkout. We only notice when we have to wait.

Why is it that some dreams you recall in vivid detail while other dreams you only vaguely recall?

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I hardly ever remember my dreams unless I have a scary one. The intense ones are the ones I remember most...but, it's funny, I forget even most of the scary ones shortly after waking.

Tell me why, when I leave my cell phone to go to the bathroom....it always rings?
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

That comes down to some guy named Murphy, nana.

Tell me why washers and dryers have such an appetite for socks?

I don't think it's the washer and dryers fault. I believe socks are terribly claustrophobic and will try their dangdest to escape from a confined space. That's why you usually find them out of the clothes hamper and on the floor or sometimes even in a vacant lot or by the side of the road. Stray socks are refugees from somebody's washer or dryer!

Tell me why you sometimes get in mind that you're out of a particular item (like batteries) and keep buying and buying it? My mom used to do this with Minute Rice. Kept thinking we were out of it so she'd buy it every time we went to the store until we had like 5 boxes of it in the pantry!
    Photobabe likes this.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

refugee socks...I love that!

Because certain items are just too important to the running of a smooth home. I do the same thing with trash bags...heaven forbid I have no place to put the trashy trash!

Tell me why we never see any baby pigeons? (this is a "tell me why" that has perplexed me for decades)

They are called squabs and by the time they fly the coop (typically one month), they are almost full grown. Their feathers resemble their parents but their eyes will not turn orange/red until they are 6 months old.

Tell me why "slim chance" and "fat chance" mean the same thing.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That is a good question. In a way they are sort of like oxymorons, like jumbo shrimp, small crowd, old news, etc., except to each other. I think I am only making
    sense to myself.

Tell me why the minute I go outside to put an outgoing letter in the mailbox, the mailman has arrived early that day and left my mail.

I sometimes wonder if that's a case of your subconscious picking up on something. You heard the mailman pull up and stop at the box and part of your brain went "Oh, yeah! I have something I need to put in the mailbox right now!" By the time you acted on that impulse, the mailman had already gone by so you didn't realize that was what triggered you to take the mail out just then.

Tell me why my favorite tv shows tend to get cancelled and sucky shows live on forever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast