+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1085
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: I hate it When....

Re: I hate it When....

I hate it when someone says can I borrow you a minute ... ugh!
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate when someone asks if they can borrow something they don't intend to return, like "Can I borrow a Kleenex?". When I'm in a smart-alecky mood (which is most of the time), I'll comment something like "No, but you can have one. I don't want it back!".
    Bunny555 and nanaslbkp like this.

I hate it when someone says Valentimes Day
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    CYA

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Or Congradulations.

Heck, I even get annoyed by people saying Congrats. If it's worth exclaiming over, at least give them the full Congratulations!

Not a fan of vaca for vacation either. Does it really take that much time to speak in full words?
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I hate it when I read stupid comments on sites like Youtube, thus me having to find a way to hide them all.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate it when someone uses the wrong word choice, even after you correct them.

I had a friend that used to all the time say things like "I wanted to go a restaurant A but my parents wanted to go to restaurant B so we compensated and went to restaurant C". It was clear she meant that they compromised and chose a restaurant that had some of what each wanted. I used to correct her on it but after several times, I gave up. It just grated on my nerves every time she said it!

Yes, I'm a spelling/grammar nazi. I can't help it if I was born that way!
    You are so right, pikachu! I've been referred to as a 'grammar nazi' and 'anal'...but I like the moniker 'correct grammar enthusiast'!!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

I hate it when people (mostly celebrities) change their names to something stupid, like meta world peace or an unpronouncable symbol. Those aren't even names!!
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Irritations: Using the word "preggers" for pregnant. Stupid, stupid, stupid, but some people seem to think it's cute. Uh.......no.......and the older you are, the stupider it sounds, like ignorance running rampant.

Using the word "itch" when you should be using "scratch"...it's right up there with the borrow/loan fiasco.

Using things like "I seen", instead of "I saw"...when did this become so popular?? Most annoying.

And dropping the "'s" off the possessive forms of words.....like "baby momma/mother", and "my mother house". I just want to pull lips off when I hear those!!! Tacky, tacky, tacky.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

That is one of the most idiotic things I hear, prhoshay! I have heard so many people say, "I seen" it drives me crazy!!
    When someone say "theirselves" instead of themselves....well, like you said, most annoying.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I hate it when, on talent shows, sob stories with more sob story than talent beat those with more talent and less sob story. I also hate it when acts on such shows rely on things such as patriotism to pull votes. Well, I altogether hate it when the public interferes with any show because they always tend to ruin everything.

+ Reply to Thread