+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1085
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: I hate it When....

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: I hate it When....

I hate it when baggers put poison in the same bag as food but I stop them and give them a free lesson.[/QUOTE]

Makes you wonder, huh?

I hate it when people don't acknowledge gifts, if even by phone or email.

FORT Fogey

I hate it when the "check yourself out" lines at the grocery store malfunction (which is why I do not use them except if I only have one or two things).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate it when I have to talk medical techs/phlebotomists through the art of drawing my blood, and they don't understand medical terms that they should be familiar with...not to mention anatomical landmarks.

On a more positive note....maybe I'm just out of the loop....IV nurses are no longer being used at one of my favorite hospitals! I'm hoping that is the norm now. Shouldn't RNs be able to handle that job? After all, it is part of their basic training, isn't it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I hate it when a phlebotomist leaves you with a huge black and blue bruise.

Shay -- the person who started my IV was just a plain RN.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I hate it when you go to a restaurant and there is no handicap access.

I hate it, too, when they need to try 6 times. That was a long time ago, thank goodness. I don't know how I kept my cool and didn't strangle her; she either got someone else or I finally insisted on someone else; don't remember. It was so traumatic that I've blocked it out. To prevent bruises, I always put pressure on it for at least 4-5 minutes and that works for me.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4090004;
    I hate it, too, when they need to try 6 times. That was a long time ago, thank goodness. I don't know how I kept my cool and didn't strangle her; she either got someone else or I finally insisted on someone else; don't remember. It was so traumatic that I've blocked it out. To prevent bruises, I always put pressure on it for at least 4-5 minutes and that works for me.

The phlebotomists I go to use child-size needles for me. Works like a charm every time.

I hate it when they are out of advertised sale items at the market on the first day of the sale.

I think they should give rain checks.

I hate it when Tech Support answers email with a non-solution because they didn't read everything in my email.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Immediately running out of sale items is the old "bait-n-switch" maneuver. They just want to get you in there. I have seen bait-n-switch moves where what they were replacing the items with were less expensive. I'm pretty sure this was about making the customers feel that they were getting a real deal when the other product was what they wanted to sell in the first place. Circuit City DVRs come to mind.

In all fairness to the phlebotomists, while some of the problems are technique-related, a lot of the end results can be blamed on the patients, themselves. It is super-important to hold pressure on a stick site for about 5 minutes to stop the bleeding under the skin. You're usually not going to be happy if you don't. And if you know where your most successful sticks are, tell the technician and, hopefully, you will avoid multiple sticks. These people aren't mind readers, and are usually grateful for your suggestions and willing to comply. I try to never let them stick me in the inner elbow (antecubital space), prefering the back of my hand.

I hate it when grass fires/brush fires make it necessary to keep your windows closed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4090082;
    Immediately running out of sale items is the old "bait-n-switch" maneuver. They just want to get you in there. I have seen bait-n-switch moves where what they were replacing the items with were less expensive. I'm pretty sure this was about making the customers feel that they were getting a real deal when the other product was what they wanted to sell in the first place. Circuit City DVRs come to mind.

In all fairness to the phlebotomists, while some of the problems are technique-related, a lot of the end results can be blamed on the patients, themselves. It is super-important to hold pressure on a stick site for about 5 minutes to stop the bleeding under the skin. You're usually not going to be happy if you don't. And if you know where your most successful sticks are, tell the technician and, hopefully, you will avoid multiple sticks. These people aren't mind readers, and are usually grateful for your suggestions and willing to comply. I try to never let them stick me in the inner elbow (antecubital space), prefering the back of my hand.

I hate it when grass fires/brush fires make it necessary to keep your windows closed.

Nice to see you in here, prhosay. My veins are pretty deep and they would always have a hard time finding a good one and I endured multiple sticks until they started using the tiny needles. Also, in desperation I would point them to the top of my hand. Hurt like the dickens but better than multiple sticks.

I may be an old grouch but I hate it when my neighbors light up their chimineas in the summer... can't stand the smell.

+ Reply to Thread