+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172731131635631063 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: When was the last time you ....

This morning. I was belting out, sadly, N'Sync songs. I suck.

When's the last time you participated in a sports event?

FORT Fogey
    I played intramural volleyball in undergrad.

When was the last time you intentionally hurt somebody's feelings?

Ugh. This thread makes me look like a bad person. I have a tendency to do that a LOT when I'm arguing with my boyfriend. I don't specifically remember when, but probably the last time he and I got into a fight.

When's the last time you intentionally poked someone in the eye?

FORT Fogey
    I don't recall ever doing that, but when I get mad I start tearing their clothes and pulling their hair and knocking them down.

When was the last time you read a terrible book?

I've started lots of terrible books, but the last one I finished was one that was assigned in college for a "Great Journalism" class. It was "The Evidence of Things Not Seen", by James Baldwin. I wanted to love this book. It has, I think, the best title of any book ever, and it was about a really compelling topic - the Atlanta child murders. Unfortunately, I hated his style of writing. I always feel like I should apologize for hating it, but I honestly did.

When's the last time you did something completely out of character?

um...dont know where that came from..anyways, something out of character...i was playing basketball and a girl pushed me i got so mad and came so close to knocking her down...im normally a peaceful person
    when was the last time you lost your wallet

This morning. I sing all...the...time

When was the last time you had a horrible, horrible job (and tell us what it was and why it sucked rocks)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    I had a job at the Master's program and my boss was extremely racist and would tell "nigger" and "Indian" jokes and was very demeaning and insulting, especially considering I'm Nakotah Sioux and married to a Black man, and would treat me like garbage until I cried all the time (and I only worked there once a week - 12 hours a day on Saturdays). He would make me carry heavy boxes up and down stairs and do ridiculous tasks while I was pregnant. Finally, the day I decided to quit, he fired me for being pregnant. I was so happy.

When was the last time you told somebody you hated them?

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by ajg113
    I've started lots of terrible books, but the last one I finished was one that was assigned in college for a "Great Journalism" class. It was "The Evidence of Things Not Seen", by James Baldwin. I wanted to love this book. It has, I think, the best title of any book ever, and it was about a really compelling topic - the Atlanta child murders. Unfortunately, I hated his style of writing. I always feel like I should apologize for hating it, but I honestly did.
    That's strange, because I loved that book.

A more interesting book about the Atlanta child murders would be "Those Bones are Not My Child" by Toni Cade Bambara.

Told them and meant it? Probably never. If I hate people, I don't deal with them. I think I told my boyfriend "I hate you" while dying laughing the other day after he played a trick on me.

When was the last time you stuck a fork into an electrical outlet?

Edit to Anna: yeah, most people I've talked to loved it as well. I don't know what it was for me. I went in with great expectations for it, but he just didn't pull me in. I dunno. Still think the title was great, though.

+ Reply to Thread