+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: When was the last time you ....

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Thursday. I have some pretty good friends.

wwtlt you played music so loud it annoyed your mom?
    my mom's generation was the one that said 'if its too loud youre too old'

apparently she got old about 15 years ago.

WWTLT you ate at an all you can eat buffet?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Wow...I don't go to too many of those, but I suppose about a month ago with the parents, who wanted to eat at Old Country Buffet.

WWTLT someone made it impossible for you to talk to them, via ignoring you or refusing to talk to you or seemingly being disgusted/angry with you, yet somehow expected you to keep the flow going (which you couldn't do, because they refused it anyway!)? (and who was this person, and what happened, sibling, father, mother, kid, dog, etc. )

OR

The watered down version:
    WWTLT someone you loved wouldn't speak to you?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Wow...I don't go to too many of those, but I suppose about a month ago with the parents, who wanted to eat at Old Country Buffet.

WWTLT someone made it impossible for you to talk to them, via ignoring you or refusing to talk to you or seemingly being disgusted/angry with you, yet somehow expected you to keep the flow going (which you couldn't do, because they refused it anyway!)? (and who was this person, and what happened, sibling, father, mother, kid, dog, etc. )

OR

The watered down version:
    WWTLT someone you loved wouldn't speak to you?

I'm gonna hose this one down. If I answer the complicated version I'll go on for pages and no one really wants that.

The last time someone I loved wouldn't speak to me was about 5 years ago. It was devastating, but changed my life for the better. I really had to clean up my act to get that person back into my life and I was not willing to let her go. (my daughter did not approve of my lifestyle and she was right - I was wrong.)

wwtlt you gave out tmi in one of these threads?

Every day! But I can't help myself, I tend to just blurt out whatever's on my mind at the moment. Ahh...life is too short to be worried too much about it.

WWTLT you rode around in the back of a pick-up truck (which is illegal btw )?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Every day! But I can't help myself, I tend to just blurt out whatever's on my mind at the moment. Ahh...life is too short to be worried too much about it.

WWTLT you rode around in the back of a pick-up truck (which is illegal btw )?
    Illegal here.... well lots of stupid things are illegal here... anyway.
    Back when my wife and I were honeymooning (about 4 and a half years ago) in Thailand, Most of the taxis were really converted pick-up trucks (a roof, and some benches in the back).... 'nuff said.

WWTLT you gave a hitch hiker a lift or became a hitchhiker ?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Oh, that was a long time ago. My girlfriend and I were driving around and gave a sailor a ride to the bus station. Boy did I get in trouble when my mom found out about it!

WWTLT you gave someone roadside assistance? (helped change a flat or get gas)
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    Oh, that was a long time ago. My girlfriend and I were driving around and gave a sailor a ride to the bus station. Boy did I get in trouble when my mom found out about it!

WWTLT you gave someone roadside assistance? (helped change a flat or get gas)

I'm far too delicate to do anything physical - but I'll let someone use my precious minutes on my cell phone.

wwtlt you needed roadside assistance? (and usually a cop drives by and waves...)

The last time I needed roadside assistance was when I had purchased a lemon. Drove that lemon for 3 years to get my money's worth, and anyhow, it had a habit of just dying for no reason. No mechanic could figure it out, tried everything...finally figured out that the COMPUTER inside was malfunctioning, and kept telling the car it was in danger, and henced shut itself down periodically. :rolleyes Replaced the computer, and all was fine (for awhile, it had other lemony problems. :rolleyes). Anyhow, long story really long : it died in a really, really, really, horrible neighborhood. Really bad. Had some (really nice) guy actually come up to me and say, "hey, you shouldn't be all by yourself in this neighborhood, get out of here!" He let me use his cell phone. Thank God!!

WWTLT you let someone know you cared about them? (and who was it, mom, romantic partner, kid, friend, etc.)

You mean directly or indirectly? Directly, I think last week when my friend was sick. Indirectly, I can't remember.

WWTLT you did sacrificed something for someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    You mean directly or indirectly? Directly, I think last week when my friend was sick. Indirectly, I can't remember.

WWTLT you did sacrificed something for someone else?
    well I often will do that. I sacrificed a piece of work for a project of mine for my wife's project.....

WWTLT you ate pancakes for dinner?

+ Reply to Thread