+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: When was the last time you ....

Whoo hoo! Dang...not since late last week! Yow! But I glance that way every time I drive by.

On Sunday I was on the phone with a friend and saw the shape of a man's head in the window on my front door...was hoping it was Mr. Shirtless himself! But alas, he was gone before I could get there. Me thinks it was the yard work peeps for the townhome association. *sigh*

WWTLT you offended someone without meaning to? And what did you do and how did you make amends?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

In September this year. It was a post. The person was all sweet and innocent on line explaining that her post was misinterpreted, but a devil via PM Needless to say, I wasn't in the mood for B.S. (not Bachelor of Science either) and I did not mince words. I did not bother to make amends. That person milked the sympathy from others for all that it was worth. It is were money, she'd be rich.

WWTLT you had to leave work or school early because you got very sick?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    In September this year. It was a post. The person was all sweet and innocent on line explaining that her post was misinterpreted, but a devil via PM Needless to say, I wasn't in the mood for B.S. (not Bachelor of Science either) and I did not mince words. I did not bother to make amends. That person milked the sympathy from others for all that it was worth. It is were money, she'd be rich.

WWTLT you had to leave work or school early because you got very sick?
    I have never done that.... ever...
    I've spend some spring breaks sick as a dog, and some holidays sick.... but other than that, never

WWTLT you got sick on an important day?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I have never done that.... ever...
    I've spend some spring breaks sick as a dog, and some holidays sick.... but other than that, never

WWTLT you got sick on an important day?

I like the vague questions - I can answer with pretty much any story I feel like telling. Thanks, Sen.

When I got married (long, long ago...) I woke up on the wedding day with a sore throat. As the day progressed I got sicker and sicker....and you can see the time line of how sick I was by the pictures. Then on the way to the "wedding night" - we had to stop at the quickie mart for nyquill and vaselline. In my wedding dress. That wasn't the last time I got sick on an important day, but it was probably the most memorable.

WWTLT a co-worker called in sick, and you knew they weren't really sick?

About a month ago. She told me ahead of time she was planning on being sick.

WWTLT you wished you could talk to someone from your past who didn't want to talk to you? (and who was it, romance, friend, whatever, and what silly reason did they have for not talking to you?)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    About a month ago. She told me ahead of time she was planning on being sick.

WWTLT you wished you could talk to someone from your past who didn't want to talk to you? (and who was it, romance, friend, whatever, and what silly reason did they have for not talking to you?)

TLT I wished I could go back and talk to someone, it was an old girlfriend who, for a reason I can't figure out, just stopped talking to me. It's been a really long time since it happened and I still wish I knew why. Otherwise, I've spoken to everyone I've wanted to go back and talk to. But what the hell is up with Sandy? (okay, I'll go to the "issues" forum....)

wwtlt you were able to solve one of your own problems by reading through posts in one of our brilliant threads?

Hmmm...I haven't tried that! Will have to do so soon! I have many things that need fixin'!

WWTLT someone said they'd be friends with you no matter how the romance turned out and then never stuck by their word? (for me...spring...and it's too bad too...could have been good friends still could be if they wanted it)

*scampers off to read threads for insights*

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Shazzer]
    WWTLT someone said they'd be friends with you no matter how the romance turned out and then never stuck by their word? (for me...spring...and it's too bad too...could have been good friends still could be if they wanted it)

Does a one sided romance count? About 2 years ago my friend really liked me, but I didn't have the same feelings for him. He promised to stay my friend no matter what, but we are no longer friends.

WWTLT you told someone you'd stay friends with them, but their behavior made you stop hanging around with them?

We were friends and assumed that we would stay friends. I used to volunteer and help her A LOT, but she never wanted to further train me. Although I helped more, only those with the right, er, "equipment" got to advance. Booooo! Then I found out other "things" about her. I don't need friends like that.

WWTLT you asked someone to return or exchange a gift they gave you for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    We were friends and assumed that we would stay friends. I used to volunteer and help her A LOT, but she never wanted to further train me. Although I helped more, only those with the right, er, "equipment" got to advance. Booooo! Then I found out other "things" about her. I don't need friends like that.

WWTLT you asked someone to return or exchange a gift they gave you for whatever reason?
    well, there was a time where someone, (I'm not saying who) gave me something that didn't fit... about 2 years ago.

WWTLT someone gave you something you already had?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread