+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

I can tell you what commercials are already getting annoying, and that would be the annual deluge of diamonds for Christmas commercials.

And who the hell was the rocket scientist that determines that two months salary is the appropriate amount to spend on a ring???

Oh that's right, it's the Diamond Institute.

Isn't that kind of like the National Associate of Car Dealers saying that is appropriate to spend a years salary on your next car?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    And who the hell was the rocket scientist that determines that two months salary is the appropriate amount to spend on a ring???
    If you really want to show that you love her, don't be cheap Bill!!!
    (It's actually a female conspiracy )

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    My favorite commerical is one that I don't think is airing any longer. I believe it's for IBM solutions??

A bunch of people convene in a conference room, sitting around looking at each other when one finally says "Who called this meeting?" And they realize nobody did.

I think it's also the same company that has people walking around the office saying "network is down, bagels?" and the entire office ends up walking out. Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well.

I hate all Coors commercials that are airing right now...they all suck.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I love the one for a computer product (I can't remember which one, I think IBM), where they're on the way to the meeting, and the guy says "I've got it all right up here", and proceeds to knock himself out on an open file drawer. Then the next guy comes in and says "don't worry, Bob told me everything" and his hand slips, he hits his head on the table, and knocks himself out, too.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I can tell you what commercials are already getting annoying, and that would be the annual deluge of diamonds for Christmas commercials.

Oh that's right, it's the Diamond Institute.

Isn't that kind of like the National Associate of Car Dealers saying that is appropriate to spend a years salary on your next car?
    I was watching Law & Order a few weeks ago & Lenny had a great theory about the diamond ring thing. He said that's the woman's fallback in case the marriage doesn't work out. So the more expensive the jewelry, the better off she'll be if he leaves. I had to laugh at that idea & my wife had to sock me in the arm.

John, that one where the guys get knocked out is hilarious. I haven't seen it in a while.

Jodaar... I saw that L&O and laughed too...

Diamonds are ridiculous. I LOVE the ONE I have, and on our 20th, he can buy me anouther one (small diamond with Emeralds on either side in case he's reading )
    But honestly, I'd be upset if he spent a fortune one one now.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by BorderEevil2
    The commercial with Jane "Ally McBeal" Krakowski when shes having an...lol orgasm when shampooing her hair is getting old
    I hate that commercial, I hate all those Herbal Essence ones, they're so inappropriate.
    It's not like they were ever funny.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Agreed.
    They are an embarrasment.
    They are stupid.
    They do not make me want to buy Herbal Essence Shampoo.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I am enjoying seeing the Dr Pepper "not as good as the original" commercials coming back.

The Hudson River Dance group was a riot.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Funny how everyone knows the Herbal Essence commercial by name, hates the commercial and doesn't use it.

I sincerely think that with really bad marketing ideas, commercials can backfire.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread