+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

Anything for Leon's.
    I hate the ho-ho-hold the payments ones at Christmas and the one they have now with Father Christmas telling jokes is beyond feeble.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Actually any commercial where a competitor is named and shown with a "we're so much better than..........." message.

You're not allowed to do that in UK and I really don't like the fact that advertisers can do it here, particularly when they say they are better than a product that isn't really comparable.
    The example of this that springs to mind is Progresso.
    They compare their chunky chiken soup to Campbells Chicken and Stars - huh? They aren't comparable produts, one is condensed and one is ready to serve.
    If they are going to make a comparisson it should be to Campbells Ready to serve chunky soups.
    God I run on, but I find it very annoying.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wolf, I hate the bunny one, but LOVE the Sheen one
    John, I'm still liking the sprint commercials (most of them) The monkey one cracks me up!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, Why do you hate the bunny one? That one just cracks me up.

I'm with you Fluff on commercials comparing themselves to competitiors. I don't like the Jack in the Box commercials where they are taking a stab at their compeititors, even though they don't actually say their names.

I hate the pinesol ones.
    That woman comes right out and say "we're better than Lysol".
    When it comes to cleaning my house, I'll be the judge of that thank you woman.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Theres a new one that I saw (For Which Car Manufaturer I Forget)where a guy who records sound fx's from the car....Then by the end of the commercial its mixed into a song....Sounded pretty good!

How about those radio commercials for Blissium? Haven't heard them in a while, but they were ridiculous.

Princess
    Originally posted by fluff
    Actually any commercial where a competitor is named and shown with a "we're so much better than..........." message.

You're not allowed to do that in UK and I really don't like the fact that advertisers can do it here, particularly when they say they are better than a product that isn't really comparable.
    The example of this that springs to mind is Progresso.
    They compare their chunky chiken soup to Campbells Chicken and Stars - huh? They aren't comparable produts, one is condensed and one is ready to serve.
    If they are going to make a comparisson it should be to Campbells Ready to serve chunky soups.
    God I run on, but I find it very annoying.

I'm so with you there fluff!
    I don't think it's legal in Sweden either.
    Also, by comparing yourself to another company you're actually reinforcing the idea that you are #2 (or 3 or whatever), so that strategy is plainly stupid. (Note, btw, that Big Burger has finally come to their senses and don't compare themselves to Mc Donalds in their commercials anymore!)
    Last edited by Modesty; 11-15-2002 at 07:41 PM.

I hate the AFLAC duck!
    I hate medicine commercials.
    I hate the Geico gecko. And the taco bell dog.

Bwahaha

Oh, you know what I hate? That in Australia Pine-O-Clean does the Lysol FACT thing, because there isnt any Lysol in Australia.

I hate bathroom air freshener commercials.

But Monkey With A Cold rules!!

+ Reply to Thread