+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Bill, the Cat herding was a great one. Another one that I think came out in the same superbowl was a Tabasco ad. There are two that I like:

- Guy eats something smothered in Tabasco. A mosquito bites him, and as it flies away, it explodes.

- Fireballs are raining down upon the Earth. Scene switches to Heaven, where God it putting Tabasco on something and he keeps missing, and the missed drops are the fireballs.

Much funnier than I can describe. I feel so verbally inadequate.

OK this is really hard but if I have to:

Like - Most of the Anheuser Busch/Bud commercials - esp. the ones with Cedric the Entertainer

Hate - Most of our local commercials here annoying - Nationally - the DELL DUDE
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

I love the new Saturn commercial where the 4 guys are setting up a tent in the woods and all of a sudden you hear the dueling banjo music from the movie Deliverance.The guys tear down the camp and get the heck out of dodge in 5 seconds flat.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

I just saw one that I loved.

It was one of those Dish commercials where the people say Wow...

So this woman is standing on a corner, see the ad for Dish Network in the center island, just above a mid-life crisis/disco refugee stereotype guy in a corvette.

She says the standard Wow...meaning the deal on the dish, and the guy gives her the look and opens the passenger door...just as a bus goes by and crushes the door...too funny!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Best: commercial where the two girls are sitting on a park bench guessing what kind of underwear the guys are wearing
    Worst:Yougurt commercial where the two girls are saying "this is ____ good" (favorite song on the radio good for example)

agentcarver
    I Like the new one: "Don't eat with your Oboes on the table" (It's for Domino's Pizza) It takes a MT to get it, I guess...

Like:

The one with Martin and Charlie Sheen.

The one where the dad brings home Outback, the kids run out to get it. The dad is expecting a hug, but they grab the food.

I saw those tonight, Kylie. Love em.

I like all of the recently mentioned commercials. The Visa Checkcard ones with the Sheens is pretty hilarious. So is the Dish Network one with the corvette.

My least favorite commercials on the air right now:

1) The Arby's commercials - all of them. In fact, I e-mailed Arby's and told them that I refuse to patronize their stores until they painfully torture the idiot who thought they might sell sandwiches, and pulled them off the air.

2) The new Spring PCS commercial with the "Monkey with a cold". They've really run out of fun mis-hearings.

3) The new eBay commercial ("I did it eBay") is a little annoying.

I also like the visa check card commercials.
    *Man buying bunnies for his daughter. While waiting for verification, the bunnies multiply and are all over the store. "Love is in the air" song is playing in the background.
    * Charlie Sheen waiting to get verification and by the time he gets it, the clerk says you don't look like the picture in your driver's license. Martin Sheen comes on and says something like "I did when I came in."

I love those 2.

O yeah, also the Spring PCS commercial with the 'monkey with the cold'.

+ Reply to Thread