+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

Is that the one with the girl with short hair sing "diga diga diga" and pinting her finger? I don't know the song..but I like the girl and commercial.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Princess
    Is that the one with the girl with short hair sing "diga diga diga" and pinting her finger?
    If you mean the car commercial - no, that's not the one. Actually, there are a couple of them, but no "diga diga diga" as far as I can recall anyway . (I can hum the songs, but that won't help you here... )

My all time favorite is the EDS commercial for Cat Herders.

Remember that one? Supposedly it cost over $3 Million to make (I happen to have a brief background in national TV ad campaign and my company does a lot of work with EDS), and as Modesty astutely points out. Most people couldn't tell you what the company was or did....they just loved the commercial.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    Most people couldn't tell you what the company was or did....they just loved the commercial
    Correction... loved or hated the commercial

agentcarver
    Agreed, Modesty... Carrot top ISN'T funny...

Speaking of not funny, there are ads for Leon's (A cheap furniture store) that are THE SAME ADS THEY'VE RUN AT THIS TIME OF YEAR SINCE I MOVED TO THIS CITY 12 YEARS AGO! Talk about skimping on marketing...

Princess
    there are ads for Leon's (A cheap furniture store) that are THE SAME ADS THEY'VE RUN AT THIS TIME OF YEAR SINCE I MOVED TO THIS CITY 12 YEARS AGO!
    Well... to see things in a positive way - at least they aren't wasting money on new commercials. They are supposedly cheap, as you said . Furniture commercials must be some of the most boring ones, whether new or old.

agentcarver
    Not boring

Just insultingly unfunny.

Princess
    insultingly unfunny
    agent - if I had known those words existed in the english vocabulary, I would have used them...

FrankMartin
    Commercials I just dislike:
    -Commercials w/ Carrot Top in it:rolleyes
    -Catherine Zeta Jones phone commercial, I luv the woman but shes wasting her time in it...
    -the kid thats running around the house & the mom is chasing after him. By the end when she catches him he spits out a goldfish...And its a commercial for headache pills...I was just getting a headache just looking at it

Commercials I Luuuvvvv!!!

-Its that body spray commercial with the hunky guy on the run & hes sprays the body cologne on himself in the elevator & when he gets out this guy gets on and a woman comes in also. She is overcomed by the fragrance & she thinks its him. She ravages him off cam & when she exits another person comes in but theres 3 different versions of the ending. 1 favorite of mine if a leather daddy comes in

- Another one is that cel phone commercial guy where someone asked to get them something & they bring back something they didnt ask for. The one that I liked was the one where Richard Simmons is in a boat & they what was supposed to be brought was Lemons

agentcarver
    I liked that Simmons one, too...

Hmmm... I also like the ones for Travelocity.ca:

A woman's at her desk, and she's looking for travel tickets... A co-worker comes by, sees what she's doing, and asks her where she's going... "To that conference in Miami with Carl..." the friend makes a face... "Carl?" (Shots of Carl, who is living in the 70s, and is a womanizer doing various things on an airplane) Woman at desk clicks on "Shortest flight" instead of "Cheapest flight"

It's funnier when you see it

+ Reply to Thread