+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

I like those Telus commercials! Maybe no one else gets them but they're the ones with all the animals and the 80s songs, like one with a sloth crawling slowly up a branch and the song is "I've got too much time on my hands!"

Hehe.

I hate that Body Smarts commercial.

Perhaps I should list this under vices, but i find myself laughing out loud at many beer commercials.

Like the one where the guy is trying to put a six pack in the fridge, but it is full of food, so he feeds it to the dog, and the dog gets HUGE...

Perhaps I need help....
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I've seen that one

This may have been mentioned, but the Ikea lamp one gets me too. Poor lamp.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The funniest is that one for Telus or a cellphone or something with the monkeys. They play Dan Hill's Sometimes When We Touch and the one monkey grabs a fistful of the other monkey's fur and eats it. Soo funny.

The music makes the commercial.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I can't narrow it down to a favorite yet. The monkey with a cold ranks high on my list. The first time I saw it I actually had a cold. I was laying on the couch under a blankie with a big box of kleenex. Mrs Jodaar just looked over at me & lost it.

The worst would have to be all those political attack ads. Thank God that's over.

I can't remember what product was being hawked...but the one I just love is of a mom chasing what appears to be a 2 year old through a house. In this room, down that hall etc etc...than she finally catches him, holds a glass to his face and makes him spit out the goldfish! That cracks me up!
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Favorite: The monkey with a cold is killing me right now - I too have had a cold Jodaar! (But then, I have a 1-year-old in daycare, I think this is my natural state for the next year!)

Hate: I want to take the "Can you hear me now?" guy and ring his scrawy little neck! "No, I can't! Speak up! What? Oh, I'm sorry, am I crushing your windpipe! AUGH!"

PlyboyCtrFold02
    I love the Pepsi commmercials.....with the cute babies of Cindy Crawford!!!!

I HATE: Those stupid Mentos Commericals...I just don't get them!

Oh, I love the monkey with a cold ! The monkey is just adorable.

I hate all cellphone/wireless commercials. All car commercials. All political commercials.

Princess
    I just love is of a mom chasing what appears to be a 2 year old through a house. In this room, down that hall etc etc...than she finally catches him, holds a glass to his face and makes him spit out the goldfish!
    Perc, that one of my favs too!
    The interesting thing with good commercials though is that you (or at least I) rarely remember what they are for!

I also like the car commercials when they drive the car and a very good song is playing.... (of course I have no idea which car it is ).

It's been mentioned in another thread, but it can't be stated too many times: anything with Carrot Top bugs the hell out of me!! :mad:

+ Reply to Thread