+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Commercial you love, commercial you hate

Sleeping with George W
    Worst: The Eclipse commercial where the girl who I think is supposed to look like Allanis Morrisette is spazzing out to Dirty Vegas' "Days Go By." Hate the song. Hate the girl. Hate the spazzing out. Hate the commercial.

Best? Can't think of one!

One of the best: that crazy VW commercial where the guys kept singing, "Da da da".

Worst: "OK, Mom, which hands holds the newest idea in disposeable douches?" First of all, yuck. Second of all, what idiot would ever say that to her mom?!?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I just saw this commercial the other day...In it's entirety, here's what it said:

"Ask your doctor is Vioxx is right for you. Vioxx is a prescription drug available from Merck."

Oooooo-kay. What the hell is it, and why would I ask my doctor if it's right for me? Maybe it's a birth control pill or something...

My wife then says "Yeah, it's for arthritis." And I said "Then why didn't they SAY that?"

Argh!

Oh!! I loved the Dadadada commercials.

And what IS with the new medication commercials that don't ever tell you what it's to be used for. Same with the Paxil commercials. If I didn't already know what it was, I'd have no idea what it was for. All they really tell you is, "If you're not feeling like yourself". Well, that's a pretty vague diagnosis.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I hate any commercial for prescription medication.

I also hate those "Bad boy" comercials NOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY!!!!!!!!!!! God what a loser. (sorry this is local)
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well who is stupider than the collective city of Toronto to actually elect the original Bad Boy for mayor??

'Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooob ody!' Ugh.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I know, that's downright embarassing.
    A Bad Boy with a couple of illegitimate kids who surface years later and sue him.
    It's laughable.

I hate that commercial where the boy gives a duck one of his chips (fries) and the duck dips it in ketchup.
    It grosses me out as I absolutely hate ketchup.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Can't think of one I hate right now (WOW )
    But I am liking the sprint commercials where they mis-hear what is said.
    The latest one with the monkey cracks me up
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by cali
    Can't think of one I hate right now (WOW )
    But I am liking the sprint commercials where they mis-hear what is said.
    The latest one with the monkey cracks me up
    It cracked me up that they ran that commercial during the World Series, cause it sure looked like the Rally Monkey to me!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I saw a commerical yesterday that I had never seen and thought it was hysterical.

It starts out with a view looking up from what appears to be a bowl of water at a dog drinking. Then it backs out to show the dog is really drinking out of the toilet!

He hears someone come home and runs downstairs to greet his family and starts licking the mom on the face! Then the commercial says something like "You're not as clean as you think - get Dial" or something like that.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread